“A lovely restaurant with lovely food”
Review of Joy Ferndown

Joy Ferndown
Ranked #11 of 56 Restaurants in Ferndown
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Visited Joy on a busy Saturday evening and was seated promptly. Food arrived in good time and was delicious. Waiters are all very helpful, service very efficient. We always enjoy coming here. Thank you.

1  Thank Kerrie1981

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

1st time to this restaurant and its the best food in an Indian I've had for years!!! Well done. Service could be a bit quicker but it never spoilt the evening would return again very soon!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Despite modern and inviting surroundings, Joy at Ferndown was no joy at all. For the first time in over 40 years of visiting various Indian Restaurants I actually had to send a Curry back as it tasted so foul ( a Chicken Tikka Masala, which was, I thought, impossible to get wrong}. My wife having had the better of the two dishes ordered spent the rest of the evening in the toilet.
All in all, a poor 'curry house' trying to be something it isn't.

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

While me and my friends were in bournemouth last last we decided we wanted indian food, found ferndown on my iphone maps and decided to pay a visit.
The restaurant is now called joy and i'm assuming they name changed with the what looks like recent refurb.
Anyways as it looks like it has been recently refurbished to a high standard almost imitating classy/trendy restaurants in london we expected the food to be good.
The starters were beautiful soft and juicy chicken, lamb and kebabs with lovely onion bhajees with mint sauce.
Mains which followed was absolutely delicious aswell.
The only criticism is they are just a tad bit over priced but the food and service was faultless.

1  Thank shakib_khan
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Went on new years eve for a meal with a party of 9. Service was prompt. Nothing too much trouble for them despite us having noisy children in the party.
Food was great although very spicy. Maybe revenge for the noise! My Danshak was delicious. Lamb was fall apart tender. Great presentation too. Only criticism really is the spice level. Add a notch to your expectations and you're fine. Highly recommended on this experience.