“brilliant”

Ranked #21 of 54 Restaurants in Ferndown
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to the Elephant & Castle. We are situated approximately 6 miles from Bournemouth in the community of West Moors. Our large family friendly pub offers a great food menu with a fantastic choice of classic meals suitable for all the family. We have front and rear external areas and a seating area for those sunny days outside. Join us every Sunday for our fabulous Carvery (from £8.35) But be early to avoid disappointment. Friday night is Curry night, perfect for a wind down after the week at work. Wednesday night is our quiz night from 9pm. Monday is Grill night with 2 for 1 grills from 5 p.M. We can cater for all your needs so be sure to visit us soon!
Ferndown, United Kingdom
“brilliant”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

ok steve the landlord might not smile but he means well , karen is a great member of the team so if the others aka stacey n co the food is cooked to perfection and going on previous reviews yr all wrong Elephant & castle is the pub to visit ok i so recommend it top notch to all

enjoy X

Simon

• Visited February 2014

West Moors
“Simply dreadful...”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Visited this pub with my elderly Mother & was disappointed to find a rather grumpy & unhelpful landlord. Lacking in patience & social etiquette, I found this man to be most ignorant & obnoxious, in fact the whole pub reflected his charmless persona. The prices were extortionate, the portion size sparrow-like & the lemon meringue was quite revolting ! What should have been a pleasant afternoon spent with my Mother enjoying ourselves was thoroughly spoilt, I found myself apologising for this mans' shortcoming's... In a nut-shell bloomin awful & more atmosphere to be had in a morgue. Would suggest you give this place a miss - thumbs down :-(

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Anne C
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Disgustng”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Visit with my God sons to celebrate exam results. Service terrible, wait intolerable and food unpalatable. Burger was so overcooked it was hard to bite into, bun toasted to rock. Chips were rock hard shards, cold and dripping in fat. Boys ate theirs but at 14 and 16 will eat anything, my advice go the extra mile to Macdonalds , meal with drinks over 30 pounds 3 meals at MD's 15.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank sharon m
Dorset
“Not very welcoming”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Dropped in one the evening after work for something to eat. I must say that the food was plentiful and hot but the staff gave the impression that they couldn't care whether you ate there or not. No welcome when we arrived or goodbye and thank you when we left. If they don't care whether we come back or not then we will not return.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank CrichtonDorset
“Absolutely hurrendous.”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I came down from Kent to visit family local to west moors and as a family we visited the elephant and castle for a few evening drinks. To start with the service was absolutely awful, the older man behind the bar serving wasn't welcoming atall, we didn't even receive a hello or smile just a blank look, no please or thankyou. The menu is very un-inspiring and the rest of the bar staff, which I presume to be his family were just leaning over the bar glaring at everyone, not once did I see a smile. And to top it off the toilets are filthy. A lot of people I have spoken to will not be visiting again, safe to say we were appalled.

• Visited July 2013