“Lovely Place”
Review of Bridge House Hotel

Bridge House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Ferndown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed for 4 nights with friends,, Well run hotel with fantastic breakfast,, and evening meals.
would definitely stay here again..A couple of "niggles" put my case on top of the wardrobe..when I took it down it was thick with dust, and so was I !!! The shaving light did not work...and not enough shelf space in the bathroom, but as i say just niggles....overall though a very pleasant stay...Lovely views at the rear of the hotel...

Room Tip: Book at the back of the hotel, Quiet and good views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Bridge House Hotel

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed at the Bridge House for 4 nights as part of a large party (50 ish) attending a wedding at Parley Manor. The main reason for booking the hotel was the close proximity to the wedding venue,the views plus the fact it could accommodate us all. From the time we arrived we felt very comfortable.We stayed in one of the suites which was large with a lovely view of the river. The rooms are very clean. Although some renovations are taking place at the moment it was not noisy.
The food (Carvery, dinner menu and breakfast ) were much better than expected and a very reasonable price. Would definitely recommend this hotel.
Thank you to all staff for making our stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the river.
Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I stay here often as it is close to my Dad. Our room overlooked the river and fields beyond. There was no noisy extractor fan in our outside bathroom but next door's was quite loud in our room. Apart from that and a rather soft mattress our stay was wonderful. Superb, all you can eat, breakfast, lovely lounge area and outside verandah overlooking the river for an evening drink. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Plenty of other places we could stay near Dad but we choose to return to the Bridge House, Ferndown. We enjoyed watching the planes coming into land at Hurn airport but it may not suit everybody. No night flights though.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room overlooking the river
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is a basic, no frills hotel on a par with Travel Inn. I stayed for two nights when attending nearby Parley Manor for a family wedding; the location was convenient for this venue. A lot of fellow guests were staying prior to flying from nearby Bournemouth airport and I suspect that the ample, free parking brings added value to those leaving a car at the hotel for the duration of their holiday. I did not use this service and felt the hotel was pricey given the basic nature of the accommodation. The room rate varied for each night of the stay, which I challenged and was offered a discount on the price of breakfast to compensate for the difference.

The walls of room 117 are thin and neighbours in the room could be heard even though they were not excessively loud. Quieter the second night but the room next door appeared to be vacant.

The food quality is variable and I suspect much of it is bought in and simply reheated. The tai fish cakes are best avoided but the prawn cocktail and curry of the day were pleasant enough. Plenty of choice for breakfast but again some of the ingredients, particularly the sausage,were poor.

On the plus side, staff throughout the hotel are very friendly and helpful and the rear of the hotel has some lovely views. This place is crying out for a quality restaurant that would be fitting to a lovely riverside location.

Room Tip: Avoid room 117, we could hear the conversation in the next room and the couple were not that loud...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Have had an engagement party here and an overnight stay. Used to have meals in a regular basis when we lived near. Have not been for a while until fathers day. Still good service and excellent value for money. Space outside for little ones without getting in the way of others enjoying a quiet lunch.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Booked this last minute - got a double room for £69. Lovely modern bathroom - although when I had a bath, the water slowly disappeared around me (prob my own fault putting plug in loose??! I was very tired). The bed was DIVINE - they advertise their "hypnos" beds and I can see why - you sink into it. The setting is amazing - it was a gorgeous morning when I woke up. The walls are thin - I could literally hear every word of next door's conversation before falling asleep! Downside - drunk men in the night kept me awake with their shouting, swearing, running up and down the corridors.......did not want to confront as sounded like a big number and I was alone. No phone in room to call down - I was told a night porter was "on duty".....I feel this must be a regular problem as signs all over the walls and doors remind guests that others could be sleeping, so be mindful. The manager reduced my bill by £20 for inconvenience (I did have an interview the next day, so was very annoying). Coffee etc in room - really enjoyed my stay DESPITE lager louts acting like fools!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Please DO NOT go to this place for a carvery! It was absolutely disgusting. The roast potatoes were just half roasted & rock hard. They had obviously been part cooked, frozen then reheated. All the vegetables were undercooked even the bullet peas. Gravy had no taste & all food was only Luke warm. 6 of us have never experienced such a vile meal ever!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jane T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferndown
Travelodge Ringwood
#30 of 67 in Bournemouth
Kings Head Hotel
Kings Head Hotel
#2 of 3 in Wimborne

Been to Bridge House Hotel? Share your experiences!