This is an old (25yrs) Premier Inn, and I'm afraid it shows it very badly.
It's certainly not in the league of the modern Inns and the comfort they afford is way above this place.
First impressions were good. Nice location, as usual next to a Beafeater with a supermarket over the road. Decent parking too.
The entrance then reduced my expectatons as it looked like a Travel Lodge. But the receptionist was a bright, cheery and helpful young lady who seemed genuinly pleased to see us.
The room was very basic and didn't look comfortable. It was hot as Hades in there too with no aircon but a small fan. The wall heater control was stuck on 24.5C but mercifully the heater was off.
The bed was not the same as the rest of the Premier Inn range. It was rock hard and smaller and the pillows were hard enough that when me and the missus had a pillow fight she knocked me across the room! I'm joking of course, but they were very firm.
We only stayed one night but got barely any sleep which wasn't good as we had a 100 mile bike ride the next day.
We claimed our Good Night Guaruntee which the morning receptionist was happy to sort out for us.
In conclusion, the staff are great, but they are let down by a very basic and poorly maintained hotel. Either significantly reduce the cost of this place (we paid £77 for one night) or get some serious renovations done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Want to explore the charming thatched villages, stunning New Forest and award-winning coastline of Dorset? Premier Inn Hotel Bournemouth Ferndown puts you in easy reach of all of the best of the South West, without the hustle and bustle of a city centre location. There are whole new worlds to discover in Dorset. If you're with the family, how about Peppa Pig World, or Monkey World? Or get a new perspective on life on earth by walking through the treetops at the Moors Valley Country Park. This is the gateway to the world, with Poole ferry and Bournemouth Airport close by. But if you're not jetting off, come back to the hotel for a meal at our Beefeater restaurant and a lovely night's sleep in your comfy bed. Important info Please note that this Premier Inn does not have a lift. Guests requiring an easily accessible room please contact the hotel direct. Please note that all twin rooms at this hotel consist of a double bed and a single sofa bed. This Premier Inn will be undergoing improvement work during the requested period, every effort will be made to ensure that you are not disturbed during your stay. The car park at this Premier Inn is unable to accommodate any trucks. If you require parking for a truck, please contact the hotel for alternative parking options. Directions: From M27, take A31 to Bournemouth then A348 to Ferndown. Hotel is on the left hand side, before Tricketts Cross roundabout. Next to the Smugglers Haunt Beefeater. Transport and local information: Bournemouth International Airport 3 miles Wimborne Minster Historic Site New Forest Poole Channel Ferry 7 miles Bournemouth Railway Station 8 Miles Bournemouth University 8 Miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Odigeo, Premier Inn, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Premier Inn Bournemouth/Ferndown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Bournemouth / Ferndown Hotel Ferndown
- Premier Inn Bournemouth/Ferndown Hotel Dorset