I have to confess that I am a Premier Inn fan. Having 2 children (8 and 11 years) we need a place that has beds for 4 in 1 room but offers value for money. Premier Inn has worked out that if you make the rooms big enough for a family of 4 and offer a good value unlimited cooked breakfast you get happy kids which means happy parents which means return business.
For a 1 night stay the Premier Inn Bournemouth/Ferndown is a good choice as it is a fairly short drive to the seaside and has friendly staff, large clean room, good bath and shower and is quiet. There are no attractions close by so a car is essential. One reviewer commented on the lack of parking. I have to disagree; there is a large car park with plenty of spaces even though the Premier Inn was full.
The major benefit of this Premier Inn is the Beefeater restaurant next door. It is never going to win a Michelin Star but again, friendly staff, decent beer and extremely child friendly. We took up the GBP20 meal deal for adults which gives a pint (or wine), starter, main course and then, in the morning, unlimited full English breakfast and buffet. In addition to this, the kids eat free for breakfast (and boy can they eat!). I work in the food service industry and cannot work out how they make any money on this one.
In summary, you will not remember this place in 10 years time for its sublime service and exquisite accomodation but more importantly you will leave happy and won't have a heart attack when you get your credit card bill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Want to explore the charming thatched villages, stunning New Forest and award-winning coastline of Dorset? Premier Inn Hotel Bournemouth Ferndown puts you in easy reach of all of the best of the South West, without the hustle and bustle of a city centre location. There are whole new worlds to discover in Dorset. If you're with the family, how about Peppa Pig World, or Monkey World? Or get a new perspective on life on earth by walking through the treetops at the Moors Valley Country Park. This is the gateway to the world, with Poole ferry and Bournemouth Airport close by. But if you're not jetting off, come back to the hotel for a meal at our Beefeater restaurant and a lovely night's sleep in your comfy bed. Important info Please note that this Premier Inn does not have a lift. Guests requiring an easily accessible room please contact the hotel direct. Please note that all twin rooms at this hotel consist of a double bed and a single sofa bed. This Premier Inn will be undergoing improvement work during the requested period, every effort will be made to ensure that you are not disturbed during your stay. The car park at this Premier Inn is unable to accommodate any trucks. If you require parking for a truck, please contact the hotel for alternative parking options. Directions: From M27, take A31 to Bournemouth then A348 to Ferndown. Hotel is on the left hand side, before Tricketts Cross roundabout. Next to the Smugglers Haunt Beefeater. Transport and local information: Bournemouth International Airport 3 miles Wimborne Minster Historic Site New Forest Poole Channel Ferry 7 miles Bournemouth Railway Station 8 Miles Bournemouth University 8 Miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Premier Inn Bournemouth/Ferndown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Bournemouth / Ferndown Hotel Ferndown
- Premier Inn Bournemouth/Ferndown Hotel Dorset