“Great teas and gifts, average dumplings”
Review of Oriental Teahouse - CLOSED

Oriental Teahouse
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Been there a few times now. The dumplings were just OK but probably not worth the price you pay. The teas are of good quality and the best part of the shop. The teaware also is of high quality with a large range of teapots and cups. I personally like the clear glass teaset range, so you can see the tea brewing. Great gift ideas!

Reviewed 11 June 2013

My wife and I had lunch here recently and for what we got the food was very expensive. The variety was good although by the time the dishes did the rounds they were only look warm and not hot. A small bottle of Coke Cola is $4.50.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

There is always a fresh pot of tea at the entrance for everyone to sample. My favourite is Peach Melba which is served icy cold and very refreshing on hot days. Inside there is a large round table with many tea pots also available to sample.

Service is fast and the place is clean. Only downfall is the food is over priced.

Many delicious choices with yum cha but each time talked out of ordering a meal. Told there would be a lengthy delay, so better off with yum cha. Each dish approx $11+

1  Thank jetsetters000
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I'm not a huge fan of Asian food but was so glad I accidentally discovered Dim Sum at Oriental Teahouse Chadstone one hot day when we went in for a cool drink. Went in for one of the delicious cherry iced teas we saw people drinking and were so surprised when they kept bringing us food until we realised what was going on! Have been a few times since. I like the Dim Sum here as it is not just all dumplings. There is lots of variety with meats - peking duck, pork crispy belly, etc. My daughter is vegetarian so she loves it too as there's lots of vegetarian options. It isn't particularly cheap but would be good with 4 of you so you could have a taste of more options. Not too hard to get a park as it's on the supermarket side outdoors so easy to access too.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

Big group of mums ands kids (14 in total) bombarded this restaurant yesterday. The staff were on top of it all, fed the kids first, made sure everyone had drinks, cleared table when needed and were just generally very professional . Food delicious and could not fault a thing. Well done and will bd back