“Everything was Perfection - One of the Best Meals I have had at a Restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Calypso Grill

Calypso Grill
Ranked #5 of 21 Restaurants in West Bay
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, View, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Everything was Perfection - One of the Best Meals I have had at a Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Captain David with Charter Cayman recommended Calypso Grill at Morgan's Harbour. From the moment we walked inside the restaurant, we knew we were going to love it. The ambiance was perfect and the food and service was impeccable. The restaurant was beautifully decorated. Everything was perfection. The menu had so many appealing choices. I wanted to try a little bit of everything!!

There was a wonderful outdoor porch dining area overlooking the ocean. Fortunately, there was no room out there when we arrived because it started pouring moments after we arrived. On a nice night though, this porch would be the perfect spot to enjoy a delicious meal.

The menu had so many appealing choices. I wanted to try a little bit of everything!! For appetizers, we ultimately ordered the Fishcakes, which were stuffed with tuna, mahi mahi and wahoo. They were moist and delicious. Each bite was better than the last and melted in my mouth.

We also ordered the tuna rolls as an appetizer, which were outstanding. While I was already starting to get full since I also ordered their delicious lobster bisque, I wanted to order more tuna rolls because they were mouth watering. After I took the first bite, I dreamed of taking the next bite, but knew I had to save some more for my mother who insisted that we order it for the table.

The most difficult decision I had to make during our short visit at Grand Cayman was which entree to order from Calypso Grill. I never have that problem at restaurants. All of the options sounded absolutely superb. Ultimately, I had to pick one and chose the Wahoo Escoveitch, which was described as "pieces of wahoo, seasoned with spices, flash-fried and topped with sweet marinated onions and scotch bonnet peppers." It was one of the best meals I have had at a restaurant. The onions made it sweet and the peppers made it spicy. I can't rave enough about how fabulous it tasted.

It tasted as incredible as its presentation.

It was the most incredible meal, with impeccable service and a fabulous ambiance.

• Visited June 2014

aspen
“BEst of the Best/ Presidents Dine Here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

President CLinton dined here...and it's no wonder...it's adorable, view can't be beat from the deck.
The inside is like a British country restaurant, all colorful, all different colored china. The food
is outstanding, and the menu is huge! Seafood is the go to choice here....it's sumptuous. The deserts
are worth it, even if you share. It's at the end of a little dirt road, very unassuming, but top notch.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
san francisco
“as good as ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

had yet another great meal here... the Wahoo Escoveitch is incredible, the setting is priceless, and its always good to see the same friendly familiar faces,,,,in my opinion, the best in Cayman,,

Crawley, United Kingdom
“Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We went to the Calypso Grill on a recommendation. Food and ambiance very good, service excellent, although very quick! We were served 3 courses and coffee in less than an hour! Food described very accurately in other reviews, just came away feeling like it should have been the best meal I had on the Island during my stay, it wasn't..... it was however the most expensive!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Wonderful Family Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We were recently in the Cayman Islands for a family vacation and made reservations at Calypso Grill for lunch. The food was amazing. I love scallops, but were no scallop selections on the lunch menu, so I asked the waitress if it would be possible to get the scallops appetizer that was listed as a dinner special. They were able to make it happen, thankfully. These may have been the best scallops I have ever eaten. I also had the mahi mahi over a house salad and it was perfect. Everyone seemed to enjoy their meal, and they did a great job of handling our 13-person group. Other highlights were the blueberry mojitos and the sticky toffee pudding. We shared a few different desserts, and while they were all exceptionally good, the sticky toffee pudding was a memorable experience that we won't soon forget.

Visited May 2014