“Excellent wedding venue and dinner”

The Cracked Conch by the Sea
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in West Bay
Price range: US$20 - US$60
Good for: View, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Denver, Colorado
“Excellent wedding venue and dinner”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I must have visited The Cracked Conch a few dozen times while living in Cayman, and every time it was excellent. When my dear friends were getting married here in early July of 2014, we were very happy to attend.

It would be the second wedding we attended at the venue and the sunset ceremony was fantastic. The dinner planned for this event was top notch. Choice of cracked conch, tuna ceviche, or braised short rib ravioli was followed up by main courses which included the excellent tenderloin with foie gras.

The real treat was the wedding cake. Of which there were individually sized. It was a raspberry creation with fondant that was exquisite.

Of course, the normal dinner and lunch menus are fantastic and I highly recommend The Cracked Conch on any visit to Cayman.

1 Thank BenM701

Medford, New Jersey
“Nice view but”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We heard great things about this restaurant but we were not impressed with the food. We had the corner table outside which had a nice view of the water but I needed bug spray for my legs. We enjoyed the conch soup but the rest of the meal was not good. We had the mahi mahi and it was tasteless swimming in boiled water. Another dinner was the Caribbean lobster but it had an off taste. The drinks were excellent and the service was good but it was very expensive. Would not return. Meeting Rita , our taxi driver was truly the highlight of the night. She was great!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank AV153
“nice view, great service, mediocre and over priced food”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Found this place looking up reviews online, was hoping for fresh conch however since it was not in season- you could tell it was frozen..we also ordered sapling pig and lobster. Both were pretty disappointing since we had high hopes, especially for the price we paid. For two, we spent $160- actually over $200 including our taxi ride out there.. next time i'll stick to Carlos & Martin's if we want delicious crispy pork. Lobster was chewy and smothered in a coconut sauce with tons avocados over a bed of mash potatoes- interesting combo but I would stick to lemon and butter with my lobster. Oh but I did enjoy my mango smoothie! Our waiter was friendly and attentive~ If you come here, I'd recommend going for lunch so you could still enjoy the view, at night you can't really see much.

Visited July 2014
Houston, Texas
“Not that great, IMO”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Sitting out on the deck was nice, but none of us really enjoyed the meal. It was really expensive, the service was nice, but we are sorry we went here.

Visited July 2014
Katy, Texas
“Incredible food & sunset”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Our family came to Cayman & saw this restaurant by the Turtle Farm & close to our condo. We had dinner with our two teenagers & our 22 month old baby girl. Wonderful food, ambiance, service and of course one of the best sunsets I've seen on the island. A definite must while your in Cayman. Jennifer gave us tremendous service. We got to see some divers going out for a night dive. The corals illuminate in the evening, good to know for next time out. Top notch, 5 Star!

Visited June 2014