“An experience of a life time”
Review of Spirit of the West

Spirit of the West
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: One of the most unique ways to experience Grand Cayman! Trek along the edge of the Caribbean Sea atop one of our magnificent beauties! Enjoy a lazy walk as the surf rolls in and out at the feet of your horse. For the more adventurous, feel the wind in your hair as you canter along the white sand beach. Try something completely out of the ordinary with the swim ride - hold on tight as your horse is steered into the cool and refreshing waters of the Caribbean for a wonderful swim.The true romantics can see the softer side of Cayman with the moonlit ride during the full moon. Guided only by the natural instincts of your horse, enjoy the peaceful nirvana of paradise where the modern world is far and away!Whatever your choice, Spirit of the West delivers premium service with true Caymanian hospitality. Each ride is an experience of a lifetime and every rider feels like they have done something they will never forget!
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I have always gone to the Cayman Islands which then I had to try horseback riding on the beach. However I got more then just riding on the beach I got the chance to ride the horses in the water. The whole thing was amazing..I did not expect it to be so fantastic!!!
I will be going back and doing again..I wish it did not have to end!

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"bucket list"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 3 July 2010

My ride with Spirit of the West was the best horse experience of my life. That is saying a lot because I have ridden horses for forty years. Paul, the owner and guide, is a brilliant horseman and horse trainer. A seventh generation Caymanian, he is kind and intuitive as a guide. To ride with him is to experience the heart and soul of horses and the island. My horse was gentle, beautiful and well trained. I will never forget riding such an incredible horse.

We rode along a beautiful, deserted beach lined with Australian pines. Then, before going into the ocean, Paul took off the saddles and my horse actually laid down so I could get on his back. We rode far out into the ocean and even stayed on the horses while they swam. It was pure heaven.

2  Thank azyogabunny
Reviewed 1 July 2010

If you are visiting Cayman Islands...this is a must do! Paul, our guide, picked us up at our condo and took us to the beach where his beautiful horses were waiting for us. My aunt, my 13 year old daughter, and I followed Paul on the beach. Paul really catered to us because we varied from non-experienced riders to more experienced and we all had a marvelous time! The non-experienced riders choose to walk while the more experienced riders galloped! Then swimming with the horses just took my breath away! You can tell that Paul practices natural horsemanship as it shows in all of his horses. Paul asked the horse I was riding to lay down in the sand, which he did, and he allowed me to sit on him before he stood up again! AWESOME! We all had a great time and would recommend Spirit of the West to all!

1  Thank Chiaraclauss
Reviewed 30 June 2010

We just returned to hotel from our horseback ride! It was amazing! The beach we rode along was beautiful and secluded. We booked a regular ride instead of a private ride and there were only two other people with us. Paul was a wonderful guide and took pictures for us with our camera! The swim was awesome as the horses actually go out far enough to swim with you! I cannot recommend this tour enough!!!

1  Thank sarasotaparadise