We booked this hotel sight unseen after looking around online for a decent hotel deal for a few days. Obviously arriving in another country there's always some trepidation about what kind of place you're going to end up in. We were very pleasantly surprised by what greeted us at the Holiday Inn Resort. We thought were going to be in some more or less regular sized hotel room with a small kitchenette. We ended up in a beautiful, nicely remodeled one bedroom apartment with a well equipped full kitchen, washer and dryer, and huge bathroom. This was fantastic, as we had a lot of dive gear to lay out, and were there for a long time. The amenities were great and the staff was unfailingly polite and helpful.
There's a nice beachfront by the hotel, and a place that rents jetskis, a little Hobie catamaran, and other small water craft. The beach itself is a bit rockier, and less sandy than might be desired, but there's lot of chairs and hammocks, so it's still a lovely place to relax in the sun.
The Blue Iguana restaurant is located in the courtyard of the resort, and gave us some really memorable and delightful dinners and lunches. It does seem to be a bit inconsistent though, and was occasionally not quite up to the same standard.
Things to bear in mind:
This resort was only recently bought by Holiday Inn (Summer 2013). It appeared to us that there's a lot of renovations in progress. Hopefully that means that it's even better next time.
This resort isn't on Seven Mile Beach. We had no illusions about that while booking, but if you're planning a trip and going to stay here, rent a car. It will make everything about staying here easier. Also, there are a lot of speed bumps on the way to the resort, so drive slowly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Cayman's Only North Sound Oceanfront Resort! Located on the northern coast of The Grand Cayman Island, The Holiday Inn Resort takes any ordinary vacation and will transform your trip into the ultimate restful, romantic, and fun getaway. Just off the beaten path in Crystal Harbour overlooking the beautiful North Sound, our resort provides quiet tranquility for those seeking relaxation. Lay out by the pool, or take a leisurely swim in the stunning, crystal clear ocean. Our property also features amenities for those looking for a bit of fun. Guests can choose from modern rooms and suites, featuring balconies and gorgeous views of our beautiful island. The sun rises directly over the center of the resort each morning, so catch the sunrise, and then catch up on sleep later with a little poolside nap. With a private, secluded location, and close proximity to Seven Mile Beach and is the perfect vacation spot for families, honeymooners, and groups. We look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Caymanian Hotel Grand Cayman
- Grand Caymanian Hotel
- Grand Caymanian Resort
- Hotel Grand Caymanian
- Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman Cayman Islands - West Bay