Plantation Village Beach Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in West Bay
See available hotels
View Hotel
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort(Seven Mile Beach)
View Hotel
The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman(Seven Mile Beach)
  • Beachfront
Sunshine Suites Resort(Seven Mile Beach)
Sunset House(George Town)
View Hotel
All reviewstime sharescreened in porchseven mile beachsouthern endfree kayaks and bikescoconut joeslow keycamana baymain officecondo unitground floorcayman dollarslocal callsdish soapgeorge townpaper towelspublic bus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Stayed for a week in October 2012. First, after paying to rent a two bedroom unit, I was charged an extra $165 when I arrived that was totally not expected. When I asked the front office about it they said it was for electric, tax, and other room fees not mentioned when I made my reservation. My friends stayed at Grand Caymanian and only had to pay $10 per day room fee, and the staff cleaned the room every Wednesday. The office was only open during normal business time, so if I needed anything in the evening I would have to wait until 9:00 am. This made it difficult for me to check out since my plane left at 7:30 am and I needed to check out at 5:00am. Rooms needed updating and beds were small and uncomfortable. Only a queen size in one room and very small twin beds in the other. There was no Beach,but they did have a nice pool. On the up side, the staff was nice and willing to accommodate your needs. All facilities were very clean and resort was located near several restaurants and close to downtown.

Room Tip: If you have trouble with stairs, don't stay here since there is no elevators.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank 2,155
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Wonderful place to stay! Right on the beach with easy access. When we were there a previous storm had wiped out most of the beach and only a small portion was left. However, walk about 100 yards and there is more beach!!! Great rooms and good service. Large kitchen and large bedrooms.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank JOHN M
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We love Plantation Village. Nice condos, friendly staff and beautiful grounds but three weeks before we left for Cayman, tropical storm Debbie brought waves that washed away 150' of beach.
The resort is left with about 200sq.ft. of beach in one corner of the resort. With that said, we still had a great time and hopefully the next storm will bring the beach back!

Room Tip: We always stay in unit 6 (waterfront) but unit 8 is also very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank NCDeepDiver
Reviewed 15 June 2012

My wife and I just completed a seven day vacation in Cayman with six members of our family, including two teenage sons. Our family vacation at Plantation Village was absolutely perfect. The 3BR condo (unit 28) far exceeded our expectations and we had a wonderful week there on seven mile beach at the resort. The Condo was beachfront (as requested through our interval exchange) and afforded beautiful sunsets every night from the spacious, screened 3rd floor patio. It was very clean, fully furnished, valuables safe, and even had tennis equipment, pool floats, snorkel gear, and a cooler and ice chest. The kitchen was very well furnished and we ate most meals at home to save on costs (Cayman is very expensive). The girls in the office were extremely helpful and always pleasant. Jennifer went above and beyond to print out and post on the office a 50 plus page birthday wish message for my wife from her sister in California- all via email and correspondence with the girls who manage the property. The ladies were very helpful in assisting our family with diving and island excursion bookings. Their local knowledge was very helpful. Both swimming pools were awesome and we mostly spent our time at the beach side pool. The Tuesday evening welcome party was held there and you don't want to miss that party. The food and Rum Punch again exceeded our expectations and was well attended by the Plantation Village guests. The resort grounds are beautifully landscaped and well maintained with daily leaf blowing of debris and trash pick up. There are 3 propane grills available which made for a nice B-B-Q convenience. The tennis courts were lighted and in excellent condition. The beach has suffered quite a bit of erosion, but there is still a small section of sand to sun yourself on and we were always able to save a beach chair. Just a few yards down the beach is the Marriott beach and has plenty of sand and space to spread out or partake in water sports (expensive). The snorkeling amongst the rocks and coral behind the resort was spectacular with hundreds of fish and sea life to observe. The Plantation Village location was perfect. It is close enough to Georgetown to walk there and has several Bars and restaurants within easy walking distance. All excursions and tours/diving operators will pick you up right in front of the office. Overall, we give this resort a 5 star rating and would return here again in the future for another wonderful vacation. We left with zero complaints and not a single person in our family wanted to leave- including the two, hard to satisfy, teenagers. This was a vacation of a lifetime and one we won't soon forget.

Room Tip: Ask for a beachfront condo. The views are awesome. Unit 28 is our top choice- you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank keimo
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I stayed here May 5-12 on a sisters/sister in law trip. It was my sister in law's timeshare exchange for a 2 bedroom 2 bath. The 2 BR/2B units are in the front of the complex, so there is some traffic noise. We had the first floor unit with a nice screened in patio, close to the pool. There is a lot of parking if you decide to rent a car.
The complex is quite dated and in need of repair, especially the pool in the middle of the complex. A lot of the tile is missing, the ladders were not bolted to the sides, etc, but the water was very warm and clean. There was a lot of construction and landscaping activity while we were there and they started promptly at 8AM.
Since it was a timeshare, no maid service, which did not bother us at all. We always clean up our own dishes and we're pretty neat. We exchanged towels on Wednesday, and I think you could exchange beach/pool towels more often. The kitchen was fully stocked with dishes, pots/pans and the all important blender for those tropical drinks!! The pull out couch in the living room was not too bad as pull outs go. I've certainly slept on worse ones. Nice linens and comfortable pillows. The unit itself was clean, but also a bit dated. There was a letter from the management stating that the resort will discontinue as a timeshare complex starting in 2013. They will start selling them as private residences with blocks of the condos becoming availabe 2013, 2015 and 2017. I honestly think they will need to be renovated before putting up for sale.
We were within walking distance of a few restaurants such as Coconut Joe's, XQ's, Cimboco and a few others. I think with the location at the beginning of SMB a car is necessary, at least a few days if you want to go food shopping and to some other beaches. The bus is always an option too.
As others have said, the beach there is rocky and not too wide. Enough lounges and umbrellas on the beach and just a short walk up the beach to the Marriott where there are no rocks. Overall, it was an okay place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends