Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort
Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$163
Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa(Seven Mile Beach)
US$574
US$530
Kimpton
US$577
US$496
Sunshine Suites Resort(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$339
US$202
Grand Caymanian Vacations(Grand Cayman)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$140
The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman(Seven Mile Beach)
US$971
US$749
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
US$499
US$406
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$167
ComfortSuites
7 Mile Beach Resort and Club(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$369
US$308
US$240
All reviewsmeal plandive techshore divingdive staffdive shopgreat divedive vacationvalet divingdive siteson sitethe cottagesgrand caymannon diversall inclusive packagethe wait staffirish bartenderocean front suite
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We stayed there in November 2010. It is a dive resort. I’m not a diver so I was left alone on the beach and poolside all morning. The only thing that might have made the visit better is if you could walk into the water from the beach. You can’t because the shore is just rocks and dead sea urchins. You can go to the end of the pier and go in from there, but I didn’t feel comfortable being that far away without someone watching me because I am not that strong a swimmer. BUT, it is a dive resort, not a beach resort. Besides there was a nice pool to jump into when I got hot.

The rooms were double rooms, so we had to share with another couple, but at least it was a couple with our dive group. At first we were taken to a room across the street, away from the beach, which was like a cottage where there were two bedrooms and two bathrooms, but with a shared living area. We are very private and didn’t like that arrangement, but then we were switched to a room next to the beach. It was still a shared living area, but we each had a living area big enough that we didn’t have to ever bother each other.

Wifi was available and I don’t remember having any issues.

One fun thing to do is to go to Hell. There’s actually a little village called Hell with a gas station, post office, and gift shop (all the same building) where you can get merchandise “from Hell.” Shopping in downtown George Town was nice and souvenirs priced reasonably.

The food was above average, the staff was phenomenal.

Best part - NO TIME SHARE.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
CobaltCoast, Owner at Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2011

Dear Deb, Most dive-resorts are located away from the beach. Divers do not care much for walking into the water with their fins on sand, and I can understand that you would not care much for swimming all by yourself from our dock. Your sleeping quarters were part of a 2-bedroom suite, where you share the living room and 2 separate bedrooms, each with a private bath and of course we would not dare having you share with someone from another group. Did you happen to meet the Devil in person when you did visit Hell. Mr. Farrington owns the "Devils Hang Out" shop, dresses like the Devil and is a hoot to meet in person. I am just happy that you enjoyed lounging around at our resort and just hope you will keep us on your list for another visit in the future. Arie Barendrecht

Reviewed 22 November 2011

I just got back from a wonderful trip to Cobalt Coast. I went with my friends/divers from Port Diver (about 15 of us the week I went). The resort is very picturesque with a nice pool and small beach with lounges and shade. The waterview rooms were large and comfortable with a separate bedroom and huge bathroom with plenty of storage .The food was great , with a varied menu enough to satisfy most tastes, the salads and vegtables were as good as the delicious main courses ( ask my group, I'm very picky, a la Sally from the movie) The warm rolls at dinner alone are worth a return trip! The waitstaff were all helpful and professional and nice. Thanks to Ragju, Kim, Sherma and the chefs and early breakfast staff. Due to November winds, we took the dive boat from another location , but it was a short ride ,well organized with help - Antoine-available when needed. The dive team were also very nice. my regards to Shelley, Chino, Jenn, Toni, Wojo, tall Rasheem for making the diving relaxed and enjoyable. We visited many sites , Chain Reef a favorite of mine. Plenty of turtles, colorful fish, beautiful coral , eagle and sting rays. Arie ,the friendly, interesting , involved, talented owner sets the atmosphere , his commitment to his guests is amazing ,he wants you to have a terrific stay and is involved in all aspects of the resort. EVERYONE is so NICE and accomodating. I highly recommend CC and plan to return in the future.

Room Tip: The second level rooms had very nice views, they were quiet and the shower was strong and the water hot!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karen M

Dear Karen, Thanks for highlighting the names of our staff members who catered to you during your two week stay. You know how good that makes them feel, when we show your feedback to everyone. We look forward to have you back for some more exciting diving and pampering, now the question is, how do we get Sally to visit us and check us out! Arie Barendrecht

Reviewed 20 November 2011

We were lucky enough to be part of a group that came to your lovely resort Ari. You created such a warm and welcome atmosphere for our larger group of 22 divers the first week and 15 the second.

You accommodated our every last whim even if it was egg salad or a Cosmo and you even make a wonder bananas foster.

The staff is outstanding and room 5 is by far the Port Diver room of choice.

Divetech is a Top Notch operation and you work very well together. It is a match made in diver heaven. Early Breakfast and a smiling dive staff awaits to take you to gorgeous dive sites.

I can not wait to share my experiences with others and I will let others know what a great value Cobalt is.

If you are diving the Brac, or little cayman, make sure you stop off here. We saw lots of turtles, free swimming morays, Eagle rays and the Kittiwake and of course PIRATES.

Room Tip: Room 5 is right in front of Dive Shop first floor. Room 1 is exact opposite side. Penthouse is extra but has a view but you have to walk up steps. The view may be worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Andrea, Thank you so much for sharing your opinions with all of us. Of course after a 2 week stay, you know all our weaknesses and still our resort and dive staff came out on top! Hope you keep us on your list and we look forward to seeing you again, maybe next year. Arie Barendrecht

Reviewed 19 November 2011

My wife and I go on a one week Caribean dive vacation each year. I research the place on the Internet and that is how I found Cobalt Coast. I called and reached Ari the owner and he answered all my questions. We were not disappointed. The vacation was great. Good staff, helpful and friendly. The dive affliliation with Dive Tech is great. Great dives and we had a small group. Dive master leads every dive and every dive was very relaxing.
The location is away from seven mile beach and downtown. We took a cab one day downtown ($30) and the public bus (air conditioned) for $2 each another day. If you like to relax and dive on your vacation, you won't be disappointed with Cobalt Coast and Dive Tech.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the ocean view.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
CobaltCoast, Owner at Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Dear guest: You figured us out, Divetech and Cobalt Coast Resort make for a great partnership. Nancy & Jay, owners of Divetech take their business as serious as I do therefore being here feels like dealing with one great company with a dedicated staff caring for your diving, eating and sleeping. Thanks for sharing that. We'll promise to keep this up for a long time. Arie Barendrecht, Proprietor

Reviewed 7 November 2011

Cobalt Coast is right on the water and perfect for diving. It's also next to Divetech which is a great outfit. Room was clean and comfortable. TV picture wasn't great but I didn't go to Cayman Islands to watch tv. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Bgain
CobaltCoast, Owner at Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Dear guest. Glad you enjoyed our oceanfront location, away from the hustle and bustle and I am happy about the fact that you tracked us down and that you enjoyed your diving with the Divetech staff. Now if I only could fix that TV! making sure excellent reception is secured. I do appreciate your comments and I trust you will keep us on your list. Thank you so much for your time to "talk" to us. Arie Barendrecht, owner