Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort
Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$271
US$241
US$1,226
US$1,106
US$706
US$643
Sunshine Suites Resort(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$319
The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman(Seven Mile Beach)
US$1,167
US$1,072
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort(Seven Mile Beach)
US$721
US$611
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$353
US$310
ComfortSuites
7 Mile Beach Resort and Club(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$369
US$269
Travelocity
US$333
Grand Caymanian Vacations(Grand Cayman)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmeal plandive techshore divingdive staffdive shopgreat divedive vacationvalet divingdive siteson sitethe cottagesgrand caymannon diversall inclusive packagethe wait staffirish bartenderocean front suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My recent observations mirror most of the already mentioned positive comments. The location and staff are excellent for a dive vacation or just a quiet place to get away. The food service staff and the bartender were extremely personable and efficient. The administrative staff that helped me plan the stay were also quite helpful in all ways possible. If you're going to be diving on Grand Cayman, this is the best place to stay as an excellent dive operation (Divetech) is co-located. Within a small area is a dive shop, resort, and everything needed. There's a friendly cat and dog here that set the tone of the relaxed environement.

I only experienced two small negatives during my recent 10 day stay. First and most minor, was the door entering the Mermaid Suite where we stayed on the top floor. There are only two suites on the top floor unless I'm mistaken. One houses the owner and/or his guests. The other is the Mermaid Suite. There is an outside door that is lockable that allows access to both of these suites. The Mermaid Suite does not have its own lock. I was not comfortable having an unlocked door to our suite even though only the people in the other suite would have access. A door lock does not seem unreasonable for what is likely the most or one of the most expensive rooms in the resort.

Secondly and more irritating to me at least, was the driver of the shuttle bus who was to pick my girlfriend and I up at the airport. I flew in the day before she. The same shuttle driver was there when I came in as when she flew in. When she flew in the next day, he took her somewhere near to the airport, bought her alcoholic beverages and food supposedly while waiting on other passengers on a different flight. I had to wait the day prior and did not receive this treatment so have to assume it's not standard practice. Having not seen my gf in over a month, I did not appreciate this behavior by the shuttle bus driver and can only guess at his intent behind this. In defense of Cobalt Coast, I know they could have no control over this and believe they share this shuttle service.

Overall, it's a great place stay in Grand Cayman and I'll go back.

Brett L.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I've spent the last 10 days here at Cobalt Coast and the hotel is great. This is the place to be if you're into a quite spot off the beaten path. The atmosphere is relaxing with a low number of guests, enough places to eat or lounge, and having the dive center next door was a big bonus. There are things to do within walking distance (turtle farm, lighthouse point, etc.) but only a few places to eat nearby outside of the resort. I loved the fact that after the second day, all the employees knew who we were and there wasn't the constant request for which room we were in.
I was in the Mermaid suite on the third floor and found it to be relaxing and comfortable. There is a nice patio overlooking the pool and ocean. The food was good as other posts have already mentioned.
We didn't have a rental car and traveled mostly via taxi or bus, something I would not do when I come to visit next time. The taxi service was great and always available 15-20 minutes from the call, but it would have been nice to also just have the freedom of our own vehicle.
I would recommend Cobalt Coast to couples, families or the solo traveler who don't want the busier locations of seven mile beach and prefer to keep things simple.

2  Thank Suzanne R
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Just returned from a fabulous stay at Cobalt Coast Resort. Stayed in the Oceanview suites steps away from the dive shop, dining area, pool, sand beach area, and pier to home reef. Have never stayed in a resort where I never left except a last morning visit to the nearby Turtle Farm. Food, diving, cleanliness, and service were all excellent. I left my BC vest hanging outside and the staff safely secured if for me. Felt like I was leaving good friends. Hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank coastrph
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed at this resort the first week of August, 2014. We were met at the door by the owner, whom takes an active role in the day to day operation. He immediately made us feel welcome and took us on a tour of our room, explaining how everything works. He then left us alone to explore and be as social or private as we wanted. All of the staff left us alone to find our own level of relaxation. Not being party types, we appreciated this very much.

We were in number 16, a one bedroom suite. The sitting area is quite roomy with a wet sink for water as needed and to rinse diving stuff, mainly computers. The dive shop provides a locker so most dive gear is out of your way. The funiture is pretty basic but is clean and well maintained. The bath is spacious and clean. The bedroom is quite large with comfortable beds and again, very clean. Other reviews have photos showing the decor as Caribbean and colorful. Nice tile and bright light colors. The TVs are not high def and are dated, but we could not have cared less. Sitting outside watching the sunset and the ocean were much better anyway. We will request a different room next time we stay but only because we were right at the top of the stairs so everyone passed our window.

Fantastic views and a nice beach area were parts of well maintained grounds.

We opted for the breakfast plan so that we could eat before the diving. Breakfast was prepared well, eggs, bacon, pancakes etc. but did not vary much from day to day. The other meals we ate at the resort were five star quality. Try the fish tacos in the beer batter, our favorite and responsible for the three extra pound I brought home. The lady who took care of us at breakfast was super.

The staff was great. We recently were in Jamaica and felt a wave of resentment from the staff. Here, everyone was willing to engage and it did not feel forced. Our rooms were cleaned perfectly each day and as a green hotel, linens provided only upon request.

We really liked this place, one of our favorites from over the years and we plan to go back. I wrote another review of the the dive shop and taken all together quite a wonderful vacation.

Some gentle suggestions: Paper and pens in the rooms for writing down directions, reminders or notes. Plates and silverware in the kitchen area. Maybe a microwave. Some meals we ate in our room and it would have been convenient to have basic utinsels on hand, even plastic. How about a once a day shuttle to town or to local attractions?

We want to thank all of you!

3  Thank Dellanno31
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This resort is great if you only want to dive, dive, dive on your vacation. It is the BEST place to get certified since the shore dive off the dock is beautiful. It doesn't get any better for a shore dive. The food is pretty good, but I would recommend renting a car and exploring the island for meals. Papagallo is a great restaurant and the turtle farm is fun to visit. The diving is beautiful and the rooms are clean, but again, this resort is for people who want to dive all day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Arie_Barendrecht, Owner at Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Tammi, You are so right, it is all about stepping off our dock for swimming, snorkelling and diving. Not sure you have to be a diver to visit us because we welcome everyone and Seven MIle Beach is about 2 miles south of our location, easy reach by car or local combi-bus at $2 per person one way. Appreciate your great comments very much and I trust you will always remember Grand Cayman as you completed your certification here with us. Hope to see you again, soon. Arie