“Kitesurf Cayman”

Introductory Semi-Private Kitesurf Lesson
Ranked #4 of 24 Tours in West Bay
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Kitesurf Cayman provides professional and safe instruction with the best and most up to date Kiting equipment. The kitesurf season always welcomes awesome conditions in the beautiful Grand Cayman Island. We provide free return transportation for all hotels and condos in the Seven Mile Beach and Georgetown area to our pristine location just outside of Seven Mile Beach in Westbay. Private lessons, group options, advanced lessons, residents packages and equipment rental is all available with options to upgrade as you become addicted to kiting in Cayman with Kitesurf Cayman!
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I am visiting the Cayman islands for the first time and just starting KiteSurfing with Jhon and Sinclair at KiteSurf Cayman. These guys have a unique approach to teaching ensuring all the basics and safety are covered whilst ensuring you have an enjoyable progression. The spot is perfect with good onshore/cross winds that have so far blown every day between 30 and 15 knots. They have a great range of equipment and are fun to work with. Can't recommend them highly enough. If you want to ask any questions feel free to contact me on david.priestley@mdxtechnology.com

A happy customer

"rental equipment"
"cruise ship"
"amazing experience"

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Visited Grand Cayman and stayed in West Bay as close to Barkers National Park as possible because of the on shore winds & accessibility to Kitesurf Cayman. I'm a beginner, have decent kite control & have gotten up on the board but not really ridden. After 3 two hours lessons with Jhon, I was riding the board downwind. Jhon is the best instructor I've ever had. He assessed my current skill level, broke down the problems I was having then incrementally taught me one thing at a time until I could put it all together and successfully ride downwind. He was patient, encouraging and worked with me 1:1. I highly recommend Jhon as an excellent kitesurfing instructor. I'm 54 and female and had taken 6 lessons in other locations without the kind of success I experienced with Jhon. Excellent 1:1 instruction! (Caution -wear water shoes with a solid bottom, lots of coral/shells to contend with.)

1  Thank Kvitt
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I am an older (75) beginning kitesurfer and former windsurfer. I took 4 lessons with Kitesurf Cayman this past January. My instructor (Sinclaire) worked patiently with me to get the correct technique for the waterstart down and to begin riding. The way that he explained the techniques to me and demonstrated them helped me tremendously to understand what I was trying to do and what my mistakes were. The beach used by Kitesurf Cayman is in a large reef-protected bay with large areas of shallow, flat water (good for learning) and a side-onshore prevailing wind. For students progressing to riding, a chase boat is used making walking upwind unnecessary. There are both male and female experienced instructors. The school kites used are Ozone brand and are very easy to handle. A variety of boards, life vests, harnesses and helmets are provided. One additional and very attractive feature is that for students taking lessons transportation can be arranged from Seven Mile Beach accommodations. I would recommend Kitesurf Cayman to anyone wanting to learn any aspect of kitesurfing. Additionally, rentals are available for experienced kitesurfers.

2  Thank dwaguy
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I have had a total of 6 lessons with Kitesurf Cayman. I came into this sport completely new and inexperienced. I learned a tremendous amount and I am able to fly the kite and control the board with complete confidence by myself. The instructors are fantastic and extremely professional. They focus on making sure you understand the basics and safety features of the kite and then get you out on the water. The instructors show different techniques which are very helpful in learning how to properly kitesurf. The beach they are located at is perfect for learning because of its shallow and calm water. I would HIGHLY recommend this school for anyone who is new to the sport or someone who is trying to improve their skill.

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 January 2012

My wife and I have been to Kitesurf Cayman 8 times in the past 2 years, the kiting is that good!! Jhon and his very attentive staff take care of all our needs, they have even pumped our kites for us. Landing and launching a kite is a breeze as they always have staff on the beach to assist.

If you like flat water and learning new tricks this is the place for you. Jhon is full of great advice, thanks to his instruction bankrolls with a tail grab are now easy. If you like waves all you need is to ride out to the reef and ride one of the many reef breaks.

1  Thank Edward B