“Fun experience for first time surfer!”
Review of Kitesurf Cayman

Introductory Semi-Private Kitesurf Lesson
Ranked #4 of 24 Tours in West Bay
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Kitesurf Cayman provides professional and safe instruction with the best and most up to date Kiting equipment. The kitesurf season always welcomes awesome conditions in the beautiful Grand Cayman Island. We provide free return transportation for all hotels and condos in the Seven Mile Beach and Georgetown area to our pristine location just outside of Seven Mile Beach in Westbay. Private lessons, group options, advanced lessons, residents packages and equipment rental is all available with options to upgrade as you become addicted to kiting in Cayman with Kitesurf Cayman!
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Barker 's beach is an amazing spot to kite surf, the beach was beautiful and the wind was perfect. Bruno, the instructor was very thorough and patient. MIGHT need more than two hours to get time to fully enjoy it. WOULD have gone back the next day if we had the time.

All reviews
in 22 reviews
"barkers"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Prior to this lesson, I'd been kiteboarding ~8 times, including lessons with a couple of companies in the Bay Area. My lesson with Kitesurf Cayman was by far my best kiteboarding experience to date. Everything about it was excellent, but for me there were a few things in particular that made it stand out:

1) The location was fantastic -- large area to launch and tons of shallow water to practice in with not many other people around
2) Convenience -- The location is close to 7 mile beach and they picked me up from my hotel
3) Quality -- The instruction was great. I came in with the explicit goals of learning to ride upwind and learning to turn. I accomplished both by the end of my 2 hour lesson.

I'll definitely go back Kitesurf Cayman next time I'm on the island.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

This was my first trip to the Cayman islands and needless to say I fell in love with the island. My friend and I had Jhon and Fernando as instructors and they were very kind, helpful and extremely patient kite surf instructors. We learned at two spots on the island, South side and Barkers, depending on the wind conditions. They were very accommodating with their time and met us at the beaches. Highly recommend them for your kitesurfing experience - we had an awesome time. The local crowd at the Barkers spot is also very fun and friendly. We can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We went to Barkers to kite, take some lessons and tryout/rent some gear. Our goal was to learn the surf style directional board. Jhon, thru simple steps and the helmet com system, had us up and riding right away. He also gave us some great pointers on rigging our kites and launching and even my riding style. Great instructor and he really helped us. Also got to try out the new Slingshot Turbine 17m low wind kite.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Now at barkers there are two kite schools kitesurf cayman the first kite school there a long time before hurricane kiteboarding.you can be taught by either Fernando or john both of which are amazing Fernando is a great teacher and is very patient. John is about the number 9th kiter in the world, I'm sorry but if john can't teach you no one can he is very Good and easy to learn with
Kitesurf cayman ride slingshot kites which are much easier and better to learn on than epic kites which hurricane kiteboarding uses, and kitesurf cayman has helmets which the teachers can talk to using the radio in the helmet so they can have a better understanding of your riding from the beach.(hurrican kiteboarding does not own these)
Overall my experience with john was amazing he even got me up and riding on my first lesson
Nigel at hurricane kiteboarding did not
Thanks john