“Good rum cake”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$39.00*
and up
Cayman Islands Rum Distillery and Brewery Tour...
Ranked #14 of 24 Tours in West Bay
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The rum cake is good, we didn't try the rum itself. We stopped in for about 20 minutes and sampled several flavors of cake, settling on the "classic' flavor, whatever that is.

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"caribbean"
"meat"

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I had the pleasure of taking a Cayman Island Tour from the Morritts Resort. We stopped at the Tortuga Rum Factory. Lots to see and enjoy. Being my first trip there I was not sure on procedures for purchasing duty free items or even the various rum flavors for that matter. As I was asking one of the security people a question, a very friendly staff member noticed me and stepped up to help. She took me around, explained everything and provided small samples of the various rum's. After deciding on what items to purchase, we headed to the register where another very friendly team member took her time explaining everything and how to pick up my purchases at the airport. During that time, my wife Debbie noticed a colorful coverup on display. Of course it was the only one left but the cashier immediately went and obtained it for her. Can't say enough about the people at Tortuga. Be sure to stop by, you'll be glad you did!

1  Thank RobVirginiaBeach
Reviewed 23 March 2014

After our visit to the Turtle Farm, we drove a short distance down the road to the Tortuga Rum factory. We enjoyed sampling the various flavors of rum and rum cake. It was quite crowded in the shop, but the employees were very friendly. No need to stay long, but not a bad stop if you are already in the area.

Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

It's one of those places that you should visit while on the island. Always curious to see how things are made and the samples are nice too