My husband and I just returned from 10 nights at Calypso Cove staying in #2 Eagles Nest. We loved everything about this place. The location was great. We didn't rent a car and didn't find we needed one. There are 3 excellent restaurants in the immediate area and if we wanted something different, we just hopped a bus to Seven Mile Beach or George Town. The apartment is within a 10 minute walk of a full grocery store and a new liquor store.
The apartment had everything we needed including beach chairs, towels, an umbrella and beach towels which we made good use of. The beach across the road was lovely. It was literally just steps away and we didn't even put on shoes to get there most days.
The owners are wonderful hosts and made our stay even more enjoyable. The room was remarkably clean and better stocked than our own apartment (a Kuerig and a coffee maker!). The studio was the perfect size for the two of us. We especially enjoyed using the BBQs and eating supper on the balcony on the evenings we wanted to stay in.
I highly recommend this apartment for a comfortable stay in West Bay.
As you can expect due to the price this is not a super luxury resort, but it was OK.
- Cheap and very close to Seven Mile beach. (Nothing of this price remotely close to the area)
- Free parking (highly recommend to rent a car as you are not really close to anything here)
- Two very good restaurants walking distance (Al Fresco and West End dinner)
- Gas station and grocery store less than 5 min driving distance.
- Beach towels, chairs and umbrellas for free! Cool perk to go to the public beaches comfortably.
- There are very diverse cooking utensils, in case your are planning to cook in the apartment.
- Bed was very very uncomfortable. Old and not in the best condition. Also really small for two people (seemed like a full rather than a queen).
- Blinds were broken and bathroom sink didn't drain correctly. We contacted the landlord and they fixed the blinds and added curtains, but no luck with the sink. They told us the apartment is usually rented out so they don't have time between guests to make repairs or even fully clean things.
- Internet doesn't work!!! There is WiFi but very unreliable. We needed it to plan our trip, so this was very frustrating... we had to go to restaurants and bars to get good connection.
- Water was warm-ish but not hot.