“Super smashing great”

Cuisines: Indian, Seafood, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Top quality food really good service lovely atmosphere, best Indian I have had and will be returning

6  Thank Shamwow42

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Interesting menu, lots of unusual dishes, great presentation. Very good cooking and service.

What more could you want?

4  Thank IvanBvge
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Very varied menu with many original and interesting items explained with enthusiasm by attentive very willing staff; the King Prawn Raja I had was magnificent, with prawns truly the size of small lobsters, following a delicious starter of succulent scallops in a fine creamy mildly spiced sauce. My companions enjoyed their choices similarly and the special biryani was exceptional. Also very good value for money (total including 1 or 2 Cobra beers each) about £20 per person. Worth visiting Ongar to eat at The Mogul alone.

6  Thank GuidoF
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I do not write many reviews, however, I could not hold back on this fabulous family run Indian restaurant. The place is run by 2 brothers and I booked this restaurant for my wife’s birthday as I wanted something special for her. We are unable to get out much due to young children so it was really important that we would not be disappointed. I must just say that I had not been to The Mogul before and after doing some research on Trip Advisor and from a couple of personal recommendations, I decided I would give them a go. When I booked the table, Rony, (one of the brothers ) could not go out of his way more once explained to him what I wanted to do and he was so helpful in every way. For a non regular, I was treated like someone who had been every week.

Once the evening came, I couldn’t of asked for more. The food was superb ( a refreshingly different menu with some exceptional dishes that you won’t find in your regular Indian, let’s say.. fine dining without a fine dining price ), the ambiance, just right, waiters friendly and although busy, Rony still made time to explain the menu, help pick dishes and came over for a chat when able but never intrusive.

I have been to many restaurants over my time, and have to say this is by far a truly great restaurant. Of course, there are other good Indian restaurants in the area, but The Mogul offers something different in their unusual and varied menu ( things that you don’t find in the traditional curry house ) and the friendly staff and in particular the two young owners make it a cut about the rest.

I cannot wait to go back!

Thank you guys.

5  Thank StuartS432
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Excellent attention to detail and service, not to mention the varied, wonderful dishes on offer, mean that The Mogul really is "A Touch of Class above All Others". The owners, Johnny and Ronnie (aged 34 and 30 respectively) go that extra mile to make everything perfect, with nothing being too much trouble for them. We often just go with their recommendations for new and intersting dishes, which are always fabulous. The Bengal Biryani is truly sensational, giving a real and authentic insight into the multi-layered joys of Indian Cuisine. We first went there at the inception of The Mogul in 2005 and have returned weekly since then.....it's that good!

6  Thank Grahame E