“Convenient for one night stay ”
Review of Eaton Thorne House

Eaton Thorne House
Eaton Thorne House
Ranked #2 of 3 Henfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

General opinion : accommodation ok, welcoming ok.
Important information: no tv in the bedroom, hot water is VERY HOT.
Pay attention that the entrance is ON THE ROAD so careful when you wanna go in or out. To resume: correct for a night stay...

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank ddine88

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed here for one night
When we arrived the owner was busy with the horses.
So walked around till someone saw us and said that her mother should come in a minute.
The owner was a nice lady and she showed us the room in a old renewed stable.
Very nice room with a good bathroom.
The breakfast was very nice too.
So we liked it here

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We arrived for a one night stay here and were initially told that we weren't booked in (even though we had several telephone conversations prior and had paid £30 deposit). Eventually the Owner found that we were around the back in the barn.

The room was pleasant and clean.

The rooms didn't have any locks on any doors which didn't feel very secure as we left our belongings for the day and personal safety at night was compromised. I didn't sleep well knowing the door was unlocked and could hear people and funny noises.

Breakfast was awkward, the time of breakfast was non negotiable as the owners daughter "had a horse show to attend". All guests were seated around a round table at the same time, one couple had to sit separated between other couples.

I was told that I had declined breakfast the previous day (not true) so the owner was reluctant to cook breakfast for me. When the breakfast arrived it was small and they ran out of bread (which you had to toast yourself!)

I didn't feel the owner was welcoming at all.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2012

My wife booked double en-suite and paid 300 security deposit. When we arrived we were told by the owner that her mother is not well next door so we should be quite and that her father will escort us to the room. It was a small room and not en-suite as stated. The bathroom is in the corridor next to the "sick mother". No one was introduced and we felt very awkward. I asked for my money back stating that the room is too small to put a child bed (we have 2 year old child and communicated it in the correspondence) and is not en-suite as advertised. The owners argued and then asked to come back tomorrow. The next day the other lady (as usual no introductions) told us (in front of my child!) that we are pathetic and gave us 100 back. I wish I read the previous review and I hope more people come forward to tell their experience about this place. The worst B&B ever!

Room Tip: No en-suite in that B&B - false advertising by the owners!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Vladimir L
Reviewed 17 August 2012

My sister and her husband with my little nephew, booked 1 week, 1 large double with En suite b&b, but was given a small double room with a blow up bed for my nephew, the Owners mum had the room next door to them, and it was constant shouting, day and night, as got told she is Unwell, and after 2 nights they complained and both the owners told them she lives hear with us and we cannot do anything for you????? So My Sister and family told the B&B owners that they will check out and gave them 24hrs notice, but they got so very abusive and very angry at my Brother in Law, and REFUSED to give them any monies back, it was utter horrible to be treated like dogs,
SO DO NOT TOUCH THIS FILTHY VILE DUMP, KEEP DRIVING???? YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Shane D
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I stayed at Eaton Thorne last weekend with my two children. The house was a beautiful 15th century house in a lovely setting. The proprietors were very welcoming and went out of their way to make my stay as nice as possible. We had a room with three single beds, using a shared bathroom. Very clean and comfortable. I would definitely be happy to stay again when visiting family in the area. thank you.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kvalie
Reviewed 8 July 2011

A very inhospitable start to our England vacation.In fact the only one we could get a getting from was John,never his wife.At the time,all seemed too preoccupied with their horse breeds and visiting overseas friends rather than the paying guests.
Room rather small and breakfast very limited and average.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank IvanA679

Been to Eaton Thorne House? Share your experiences!