“Visited twice during my stay in the UK”
Review of The White Hart

The White Hart
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Henfield
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A charming 16th Century coaching inn within the heart of picturesque Henfield. Offering traditional home-cooked food, A fantastic selection of beers and wines, and stunning log fires. Children and dogs are welcome.
Reviewed 19 October 2018

This was a very nice older pub with excellent food. Tried several dishes and was a apprehensive about ordering fish and chips away from the coast but was pleasantly suprised with the quality and quantity. Service was excellent from a very nice waitress who was very busy. Highly recommend this pub to have lunch or dinner.

1  Thank John L

Reviewed 13 October 2018

A few of us went for lunch, all of our meals were thoroughly enjoyed by all. I am vegan and the menu didn’t include much I would eat, the staff went out of their way to provide a lovely lunch, thank you very much.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank hushmcrae
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

If there’s one thing better than the food here, it’s the staff!!! Come for the pan haggerty (it’s basically potatoes baked in egg and onion - but is nice) and stay for the people who work here. So helpful and always smiling.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Met my cousin for a meal early evening. Staff were very attentive and polite, meal was very good, large portions, I couldn't manage all mine. Set menu was excellent value, and overall was very good.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

Arriving a little early for coffee prior to a guided walk around Henfield we were greeted warmly and coffee/tea/hot chocolate orders were taken and delivered in such a pleasant and efficient way. We deliberated over the menu for lunch - so many tempting things to choose from - and our orders placed. On our return from a most interesting walk we were shown into a lovely light room where we were seated all together around a large table, all set and ready for our arrival. Our pre-ordered lunches were served without delay and soon there a lot of empty plates! Dithering over the scrumptious sounding pan haggerty I plumped for a starter as I was eating later. However, my neighbour did succumb so I just had to try it and, boy, it was so, so scrummy. On our next visit to Henfield we will definitely make a point of calling in to the White Hart. Welcome, service and food all just spot on. Thank you so much.

1  Thank Elizabeth B