“Beautiful”
Review of No.1 The Laurels

No.1 The Laurels
Ranked #1 of 3 Henfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We planned a weekend away at Brighton, but found Hotels in Brighton very expensive, however this was a blessing in disguise. The village of Henfield and The Laurels is a wonderful place to relax and spend time. We found it was close to Brighton, Devils Dyke and Lewes which were are all fantastic places to visit. If you are looking for a place to eat nearby, then I would definitely recommend The White Hart, which is a 2 minute walk from The Laurels and one of the best restaraunts I have ever been to. We weren´t expecting the B&B and it´s location to be perfect, but it turned out to be the highlight of our visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for No.1 The Laurels

Reviewed 5 July 2012

We booked this B&B because all the Brighton hotels were uber greedy during the Jubilee weekend, and we refused to pay double for my normal b'day treat back to my old hometown. Glad we did, the house is lovely and the owner even more so, kind, friendly and didnt mind my partner decorating the room with decorations for my 40th either!!
Cant comment on brekkie as we are never hungry til lunch, but I bet it was good as the rest of the place. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anya A
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Hi just a quick review, I recently stayed at this B&B whilst on business in the area. It was easy enough to find and very close to the town. The town offers nice areas to go for a quiet evening stroll after work. I was most impressed by the owners attention to detail and genuine interest in ensuring his guests have a comfortable stay, and indeed by the excellent cooked breakfast. I also agree having free fast WIFI was a bonus too. I wish the proprietor much success and will definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I don't often like staying in B&Bs, but this one was just about perfect. I had the small single room, but the attention to detail in the room and associated bathroom (towelling robe supplied - lovely touch) meant I felt completely at home. A good standard of cleanliness throughout, and the bed was really comfortable. The real highlights for me were the availability of WiFi, the comfy chair in the bedroom, and the truly excellent cooked breakfast. The Proprietor, Malcolm, is a congenial host, helpful and informative. I would definitel stay at 1The Laurels again, and recommend it very highly.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2012

very clean and comfortable. will definately stay again. excellent full english breakfast so much of it i couldn.t eat it all and piping hot which makes a pleasant change. nice quiet location. owner very pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: i chose the double ensuit
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 December 2011

A wonderful place to stay. My sat nav found it with no problem at all even though it is tucked away a little bit.
The room I had was a single room but was more than adequately furnished. The room is not ensuite but this does not detract from it at all as you have a private bathroom immediately opposite the bedroom itself. The bathroom was also fully user friendly with everything you need from washing, showering or having a bath. The hot water is hot and comes out at a rapid rate of knots so having a shower is a pleasure especially after a long tiresome day.
Tea making facilities were good with a wide selection to choose from, together with biscuits and a chocolate bar which was a nice touch.
The bed was so good I cannot remember falling asleep, it was nice to wake up to the sound of birds singing and the smell of a cooked breakfast wafting up the stairs. The breakfast was delicious and was cooked as required, with other alternatives available.
I can quite honestly say this was the best B and B I have stayed in and Malcolm the owner was a pleasure to deal with.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I stayed overnight on the way to visit friends - I got a friendly phone call giving directions and the room was just what I needed. Really enjoyed the breakfast, and the good conversation and friendly approach of the owner Malcolm. Thanks!

Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Cath7000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henfield
The George Hotel
#1 of 1 in Bolney
South Lodge Hotel
South Lodge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Lower Beeding

Been to No.1 The Laurels? Share your experiences!