No.1 The Laurels
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Vinyard Lodge(Hassocks)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
South Lodge Hotel(Lower Beeding)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bbiscuitsthe ownerfree wififull english breakfasttea and coffeebreakfast was excellentthe main streetcooked breakfastkit katsingle roomquiet cul de saclovely villagequiet locationprivate bathroomguest loungegood nights sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2012

This b&b has everything needed for a good stay: friendly and helpful owner, clean and comfortable room, good breakfast, generous refreshment supplies in room. It is convenient for visiting many attractions in East and West Sussex. We shall bear in mind for a future visit and recommend to any others in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We planned a weekend away at Brighton, but found Hotels in Brighton very expensive, however this was a blessing in disguise. The village of Henfield and The Laurels is a wonderful place to relax and spend time. We found it was close to Brighton, Devils Dyke and Lewes which were are all fantastic places to visit. If you are looking for a place to eat nearby, then I would definitely recommend The White Hart, which is a 2 minute walk from The Laurels and one of the best restaraunts I have ever been to. We weren´t expecting the B&B and it´s location to be perfect, but it turned out to be the highlight of our visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We booked this B&B because all the Brighton hotels were uber greedy during the Jubilee weekend, and we refused to pay double for my normal b'day treat back to my old hometown. Glad we did, the house is lovely and the owner even more so, kind, friendly and didnt mind my partner decorating the room with decorations for my 40th either!!
Cant comment on brekkie as we are never hungry til lunch, but I bet it was good as the rest of the place. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anya A
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Hi just a quick review, I recently stayed at this B&B whilst on business in the area. It was easy enough to find and very close to the town. The town offers nice areas to go for a quiet evening stroll after work. I was most impressed by the owners attention to detail and genuine interest in ensuring his guests have a comfortable stay, and indeed by the excellent cooked breakfast. I also agree having free fast WIFI was a bonus too. I wish the proprietor much success and will definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I don't often like staying in B&Bs, but this one was just about perfect. I had the small single room, but the attention to detail in the room and associated bathroom (towelling robe supplied - lovely touch) meant I felt completely at home. A good standard of cleanliness throughout, and the bed was really comfortable. The real highlights for me were the availability of WiFi, the comfy chair in the bedroom, and the truly excellent cooked breakfast. The Proprietor, Malcolm, is a congenial host, helpful and informative. I would definitel stay at 1The Laurels again, and recommend it very highly.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo