The main problem is that the hotel is trying to be all things to all types of people; couples and families and the dining experiences are not good. Admittedly we came during the school vacation time but the hotel should still be meeting the needs of its other guests too.
My husband wanted to play some golf and we both wanted some sun. The website showed photos of couples and couples dining in the restaurants - giving the feel of a resort that did encourage romantic breaks as well as families - and there was an adults only pool. So, we gave it a go...
However, we could not escape children - they were allowed in the adult pool from babies upwards.. We did mention this to the staff but they didnt do anything. ALL dining rooms allowed children at all hours in buggies with toys. There was not a romantic meal to be had anywhere...and the food generally was quite poor.
We tried to spend each day out of the hotel. So do check out what kind of level of romantic setting you want before booking or check that they have improved their practices.
(Lastly, when we checked-in they said that we had been upgraded - however, on arriving at the room it was pokey and not much of a view which I had paid extra for. I didnt like the room and once the children in the room next door started yelling through the adjoining door we asked to be moved to the room I originally booked. Strangely this room was better than the supposedly upgraded one; larger and better view - so if you are told you are being upgraded ask to see both before deciding.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between El Yunque Rainforest and a mile stretch of secluded beach, the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa is Puerto Rico's most exotic beach, golf and spa resort destination. 500 magnificent acres with spectacular ocean, rainforest and lush tropical views serve as backdrops to 400 newly renovated guestrooms and suites and an exclusive renovated 48,000-sq.-ft. Oceanfront Conference Center. Located on the N.E. Ecological Corridor of Puerto Rico's shoreline, the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar is a haven for fun, sun and forging memorable experiences. The new guestrooms exude traditional Puerto Rican architecture and feature thoughtful indigenous touches. The resort boasts two championship golf courses & tennis center, Mandara spa, 10 lounges and restaurants with award-winning cuisine, an exciting casino, two nature reserves and a guest experience program that encompasses the beauty and nature of its magical surroundings. And since Puerto Rico is a US Commonwealth, no passports or visas are required for US Citizens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel Rio Grande
- Rio Mar Beach Resort And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Resort
- Wyndham Rio Grande
- Rio Del Mar Puerto Rico
- Rio Grande Wyndham
- Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Westin Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Wyndham El Yunque National Forest
- El Yunque National Forest Wyndham
- Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort Rio Grande