I spent 3 nights here during November for a business meeting. The rate was $190 for a basic room plus fees to cover housekeeping and bell services. I was prepared for the worst after reading a lot of negative reviews before my trip. The hotel was better than expected but still lacking ,
Front desk- check in was smooth and room was ready early (a bonus ). Lines were always long if you needed to address issues ( my sister had several key card issues). My main beef was that the folks working the desk acted like they were doing you a favor . Need to be schooled in customer service. Gave me conflicting info (lied to me) about policy and procedure to obtain a late check out.
Room-dated but not too bad . Tub/shower horrible with poor water pressure and lack of hot water. Shampoo etc was ok.
Food- Ate at Tiki Bar upon arrival . Total rip off. Paid $88 for lunch for 3 including some $9 nachos that were no better than the kind you get at a high school football game! Lame queso cheese out of a can and chips- that's it. Marbella - food not great. Did the lunch buffet. Salmon horrible . Palio- best of the bunch. Decent service.
Pool- you need to use key to get pool towels . Ladies room at pool being cleaned for so long (15 min) that I became the lookout so the group could use the men's room. Iguana at adult pool are very aggressive. I watched one go up on a lounge chair after someone's food . Hot tub was not warm and jets were weak.
Beach- nice loungers and umbrellas . Water was rough but went in up to our waists( red flags up the whole time we were there).
Casino - small with weak drinks.
Store-really lacking. Not owned by hotel so you could not put charges on your room without a lot of difficulty . This place could really make a ton of money if they had any jewelry / clothing worth buying.
Construction - annoying but glad to see that they are making needed changes.
Wifi - horrible . I had a hard time getting email to update on my phone . I went to Gran Melia to play golf and phone updated as I was getting out if cab because they had great wifi there.
Business office - tried to print out my boarding pass but could not because a whole family was camped out in there hogging all of the computers. They also appeared to not be staying at the hotel which was annoying .
Bugs- I did not have an issue . I came prepared with spray . However, I had two friends who were EATEN ALIVE in their rooms. They received no satisfaction from the front desk.
Concierge - not great at answering questions and often gave out incorrect information .
Conference space and food were adequate .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between El Yunque Rainforest and a mile stretch of secluded beach, the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa is Puerto Rico's most exotic beach, golf and spa resort destination. 500 magnificent acres with spectacular ocean, rainforest and lush tropical views serve as backdrops to 400 newly renovated guestrooms and suites and an exclusive renovated 48,000-sq.-ft. Oceanfront Conference Center. Located on the N.E. Ecological Corridor of Puerto Rico's shoreline, the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar is a haven for fun, sun and forging memorable experiences. The new guestrooms exude traditional Puerto Rican architecture and feature thoughtful indigenous touches. The resort boasts two championship golf courses & tennis center, Mandara spa, 10 lounges and restaurants with award-winning cuisine, an exciting casino, two nature reserves and a guest experience program that encompasses the beauty and nature of its magical surroundings. And since Puerto Rico is a US Commonwealth, no passports or visas are required for US Citizens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Mar Beach Resort And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Resort
- Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel Rio Grande
- Wyndham Rio Grande
- Rio Del Mar Puerto Rico
- Rio Grande Wyndham
- Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Westin Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Wyndham El Yunque National Forest
- El Yunque National Forest Wyndham
- Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa Puerto Rico/Rio Grande