We had family of eight and stayed on 5th floor of newly remodeled rooms. The following are my pros and cons:
Grounds were very nice including pool
Employees were very polite and nice
The rooms we stayed in were newly updated
Hotel was convenient to rainforest, San juan, and catamaran tour
Fun to have a casino
Food was not worth the high prices at all
Construction noise was totally ridiculous (busting tile at 9:00am) meetings in adjoining room at 8:15am with very loud inconsiderate workers) which hotel manager should not have even allowed.
The hotel pretty much shuts down at 7:00pm with nothing for older teens or twenty-something's to do.
No refrigerators in rooms unless you pay 10 dollars a day. This is done for one reason only, so you are forced to spend more money.
No coolers allowed in rooms they sent security guard up to our room! This I felt was totally insane.
They charge you parking even when you self park as a hotel guest. Once again, ridiculous!
Rude security outside
I believe construction could be handled better by not putting guest on the floor below the working. Not one to complain but this was more than just a little noise.
Puerto Rico needs all inclusive resorts
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between El Yunque Rainforest and a mile stretch of secluded beach, the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa is Puerto Rico's most exotic beach, golf and spa resort destination. 500 magnificent acres with spectacular ocean, rainforest and lush tropical views serve as backdrops to 400 newly renovated guestrooms and suites and an exclusive renovated 48,000-sq.-ft. Oceanfront Conference Center. Located on the N.E. Ecological Corridor of Puerto Rico's shoreline, the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar is a haven for fun, sun and forging memorable experiences. The new guestrooms exude traditional Puerto Rican architecture and feature thoughtful indigenous touches. The resort boasts two championship golf courses & tennis center, Mandara spa, 10 lounges and restaurants with award-winning cuisine, an exciting casino, two nature reserves and a guest experience program that encompasses the beauty and nature of its magical surroundings. And since Puerto Rico is a US Commonwealth, no passports or visas are required for US Citizens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel Rio Grande
- Rio Mar Beach Resort And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Resort
- Wyndham Rio Grande
- Rio Del Mar Puerto Rico
- Rio Grande Wyndham
- Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Westin Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Wyndham El Yunque National Forest
- El Yunque National Forest Wyndham
- Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa Puerto Rico/Rio Grande