We went in between Christmas and NewYear's, several couples, with children of all ages (2-18). The stay was very nice, we enjoyed it; it was not perfect but a very good place. Did see some famous people as well.
- very expansive grounds, lots of space
- big rooms; nice amenities (we were in a Casa Atlantico - definitely the place to be
- SandDollar beach - a bit further down, but very nice, no algae
- we enjoyed the food at both Fern and Molasses (separate reviews)
- the spa was very nice - but very expensive
- as many reviewers pointed out: service has room to improve for sure
- it's far out - either you stay there more of the time; or have a rental car if you want to get into San Juan or explore the island. Staying in the resort was just fine with us.
- a number of apparent NewYorkers sitting/walking around the pool area on their cell phones, complaining about too many things while on vacation
- the occupation of pool chairs should change; all chairs are taken, but rarely are more than 25 % ever occupied. Guests arrive early in the morning, mark chairs as theirs and then disappear. There should be a mechanism that chairs not used for 90 min should be freed up
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designated as Puerto Rico’s first and only AAA Five Diamond resort and the leader in luxury on the island and in the Caribbean, The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico has been designed with the entire family in mind, providing a variety of extraordinary services and activities that will keep all guests entertained from sunrise to sunset. Located on a former 483 acre coconut plantation, it is nestled between El Yunque National Forest and the sparkling Atlantic Ocean on the northeast coast of Puerto Rico. Certified Gold Audubon Signature Sanctuary, the lush Resort features a tennis center, a golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., as well as 4 miles of nature trails, 70 acres of lakes and a boat house for water sports. The intimate St. Regis Bahia Beach boasts 139 rooms including 35 suites, where The St. Regis’ iconic Butler service is available. Most of the guestrooms overlook amazing ocean and garden views setting a new standard in luxury accommodations, service levels and facilities for the Caribbean. An indulging Remède Spa and the exquisite dining options will delight all senses, including Fern Restaurant, featuring culinary creations by world famous Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Molasses Restaurant, St. Regis Bar and Seagrapes. In addition, abundant banquet space is available to accommodate a variety of outdoor or indoor events. Featuring amazing ocean or garden views, it is the perfect setting for small or big gatherings as well as weddings. The elegant tropical magnificence of The St. Regis Bahia Beach creates a world for its guests that they will never want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Hotel Rio Grande
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort Puerto Rico/Rio Grande