Stayed here for 4 nights with my wife and two infants.
beautiful, tastefully decorated in the modern plantation style, blending very well with the natural beauty of the surrounding rain forest. there is a main plantation house (lobby, bar, fern restaurant, concierge, check in) and the surrounding rooms are built in clustered buildings which are very nicely disguised with foliage to give the feeling of intimicy and privacy but activities are not far from each other. buildings are connected by wooden boardwalks which wind through the tropical landscaping - very nice. the online pictures are accurate.
entire hotel is within a 480 acre eco preverve with lakes and protected woodlands. unfortunately, they are developing the site with private estates and condos (doesn't ruin the experience at hte st regis however). several nature hikes are avail and highly recommended.
Fern: main restaurant, only one open for breakfast. breakfast is good, excellent view of beach from patio and refershing breezes on the patio. dinner is more upscale, menu is quite good, very well done and fairly priced.
Poolside restaurant: typical, but well done, burgers, nachos, pizza, salads, wraps, juices etc. food is delivered pooside, which is convenient.
Molassis: advertised as the 3rd restaurant, but really is a 10-15 min walk to the adjacent golf club house. good food, modern twist on authentic puerto rican food.
off camps options are a hike, need a car or taxi.
outstanding! large pool with several subdivisions separated by mini waterfalls, varying between 1 ft and 5 ft depth. lots of well manicured vegetation allowing for privacy and shade. plenty of lounge chairs, private cabanas available for rent (also with TV's, sofas and fridges etc). towel service is excellent, they will cean up and set up for you without having to ask. kudos to the staff here!
pluses: absolute privacy, stretching for 2+ miles, soft sand. service (towels, food, kids toys) is outstanding. kudos to the staff here!
minuses: rough water, no one really swims.
as expected, well appointed, spacious and great ammenities (excellent quality toiletries, ipod dock etc). needless to say, clean linens and beautiful bathrooms. soft lighting throughout. terrace was very enjoyable with either ocean for forest views, enjoyed complimentary morning coffee/tea with newpaper and morning sounds of birds!
we had a luxury suite highly recommended with kids. living room was large and comfortable. 2 full bathrooms, also large and very nicely appointed. bedroom king bed was comfy. plenty of storage, incl a full dresser, walk in closet and other storage areas.
this is where the hotel really shines. to begin with, the butler service is exceptional! kudos to all our butlers! they unpacked for us, offered to pack us at departure, bring coffee/tea, and generally help with whateve ris needed (reservations, needed items, etc). all butlers we had were outstanding! courteous, professional, always followed up ina very timely fashion. we were more than satisfied, and simply very impressed.
our maid (who we never saw or met) was outstanding as well. she noticed we were using water to make baby formula and left us a 6 pack in our wet bar. she would wash our baby bottles, fold clothes for my wife and kids and leave us little treats every evening. very, very thoughtful. we truly appreciated it.
we were given a kids package (rubber duckie, towels, bath wash, bath tube, 2 pack and plays, dish washing soap, brush, cleared our mini bar fridge, etc) all at no charge. to give you an idea of the attentivness and thoughtfulness, the sheet in the pack and plays were changed every day!
to not wake our babies, our room service delivery person did not ring the doorbell, but had the hotel call our room to tell us they were waiting outside!
by the 2nd day, the staff knew our names and our kids, which made us feel very welcome.
all the staff were outstanding - attentive, curteous, helpful, friendly and not obtrusive, without exception. for us, this is the best part about staying at a st regis.
AMMENITIES, incl SPA:
Spa: as expected, beautiful with a full range of services. my haircut was outstanding (former salon owner from ritz carlton in san juan).
Kids playroom (Iguana club): best Ive ever seen. All kinds of ammenities (pool table, fooz ball, arts and crafts room, basketball courts). Staff (young women) were so sweet with the kids! kudos to them as well!
Water sports/nature center: 10-15 min walk from the hotel. kayaking, paddle boarding, all included. very pretty surroundings and excellent facilities.
designed to be private, secluded and isolated from the hustle and bustle of san juan. very relaxing, and rejuvinating. there is a respect for and intimacy with nature which is very thoughtfully designed (only caribbean and one of 12 resorts worldwide approved by the audobon society) and unique.
san juan is 30 min away (highway), rio grande (smalll town) is a 5-10 min car ride.
a fair value for the price, spa services are somewhat overpriced, and the restaurants are fairly priced, rooms and hotel ammenities are well priced.
WOULD WE RETURN?
Yes, in fact, my wife wants to buy a retirement home here...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designated as Puerto Rico’s first and only AAA Five Diamond resort and the leader in luxury on the island and in the Caribbean, The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico has been designed with the entire family in mind, providing a variety of extraordinary services and activities that will keep all guests entertained from sunrise to sunset. Located on a former 483 acre coconut plantation, our Rio Grande resort in Puerto Rico sits between El Yunque National Forest and the sparkling Atlantic Ocean on the northeast coast. A Certified Gold Audubon Signature Sanctuary, the lush Resort features a tennis center, a golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., as well as 4 miles of nature trails, 70 acres of lakes and a boat house for water sports. The intimate St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico boasts suites where The St. Regis’ iconic Butler service is available. Most of the guestrooms overlook amazing ocean and garden views setting a new standard in luxury accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Hotel Rio Grande
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico Rio Grande