“Great Experience”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Rio Grande
Holland, PA
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Came here for a few days to relax and get away...and it was the perfect place. It was secluded and well maintained. The staff was extremely friendly. The restaurants were very good. The golf course was great and my wife said the spa was excellent. Quiet walks along the beach were amazing. Only two issues I had were at check in there was a little confusion as to who was to be taken care of next as they have you sit down in a lounge. Other was for this type of resort, there was not an adult only section. Lots of little kids running around. I understand they were constructing a new pool by the golf course but not sure what the intent was for its use. DONT miss the french toast. Best I've ever had.....Overall a wonderful place and I would definitely go back

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank asmets41
srbahiabeach, General Manager at The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, responded to this review, 25 June 2014

Saludos from St. Regis Bahía Beach!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay at our captivating resort.

We are thrilled that you indulged in our magnificent accommodations and spectacular tropical setting, but most of all, the warmth of our devoted staff. They are quite passionate in their efforts to pamper our distinguished guests, and ‘Allow me…’ is at the heart of our emblematic service philosophy.
Your pure enjoyment of every detail, from our sumptuous French Toast at Fern, to the heavenly treatments in Remède Spa, are tailor-made and designed to enhance your exclusive guest experience.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you once again, to the St. Regis Bahía Beach, the Best Address in the Caribbean.

Terry G. Bechtold

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had an awesome experience here. Exceptional service. Cynthia Muniz, front desk agent, actually secured 4 dr. pepper's for me, which were not part of the resort fare. Very beautiful beach front, but you feel very secluded if you don't have a car. Not many off property options. WE SAW the SEA TURTLES hatch and run for the SEA. Off my bucket list now.

Room Tip: Great if you like to play golf, but would recommend a car if staying more than a couple of days. Do...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Foxymule

Saludos from St. Regis Bahía Beach!

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts regarding your recent stay in our stunning resort.

We are delighted that you had such a wonderful once-in-a-lifetime experience, and could see our endangered Leatherback Turtles hatch! We are blessed that the peaceful nature of our secluded beach is a preferred nesting ground for these magnificent creatures, and closely monitored by the Department of Natural Resources. How wonderful that you were able to revel in this true marvel of nature.

As well, beyond the gates of Bahía Beach, many of our visitors have enjoyed such diverse activities as the bioluminescent-bay tour, kayaking, and the El Yunque rainforest - one of the very few rainforests left in the world, and the only one under the US flag, providing a magical quality to our tropical sanctuary.

For your next trip, we would delight in assisting you to discover the places you missed this time around, and extend to you another customized St. Regis experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home, the St. Regis Bahía Beach, in the near future.

Apex, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We spent a week here recently and thoroughly enjoyed it. The grounds are huge and beautiful. The pool area is very nice - big, yet still feels private - we also had no trouble finding chairs whenever we wanted. There's an enormous iguana that hangs out by the pool -- don't be alarmed but it won't hesitate to jump in and swim past you. This place is perfect for relaxing and unwinding. The rooms are large and private - we enjoyed dining on our patio quite a bit. The staff is very friendly and provides excellent service. It's a bit out of the way but we found it to be a good enough base for exploring the island with a rental car. My only piece of advice is to call ahead and make sure there aren't any conferences or company sales reward trips going on during the timeframe you want to stay -- there was one that started the last 2 days of our trip and the group was large enough that they really seemed to take over the place and you lost a little bit of that nice private, quiet feeling that we enjoyed so much the first part of our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wolfpack9377
srbahiabeach, General Manager at The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Distinguished Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent visit to our magnificent resort.

We are delighted that you had such and an uncompromising experience!

We sincerely appreciate your kudos for our dedicated staff. Your feedback fuels their sense of pride and our commitment to the extraordinary guest experience.

Thank you for the gift of feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Best Address in the Caribbean.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed at the St. Regis few days ago. Grounds were beautiful. Rooms were nice. Everything else... Ehhh nothing to brag about. I was not impressed with the food at all. Service was not up to par with St. Regis brand name. Staff seemed lazy, did not go above and beyond... They just did bare minimum. Definitely NOT worth the $$ we paid. We will not return nor will we recommend this resort. Honestly, I'm not even sure why other reviewers are saying such lovely things about this hotel. This hotel does not live up to its name

Room Tip: Find a room at different resort. Not worth the $$
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tom L
Dear Distinguished Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to detail your experience regarding your recent visit to our captivating resort.

Allow us to preface with an apology for your disappointment. This is certainly not indicative of the sophisticated level of expectations that has become the St. Regis trademark and legacy.

When you arrive at the most bespoke address in the area, it is understandable that you would want to be seduced by the beauty of your natural surroundings, and we regret that your experience fell short. Rest assured, your generous feedback is crucial for us to improve and has been addressed with the appropriate departments, in order to avoid this from reoccurring.

We do hope you will reconsider and return so that we may have the opportunity to reverse your initial impression, and treat you to the uncompromising service that thousands of our distinguished guests have grown accustomed to since our opening over four years ago.

Thank you for the gift of feedback and the opportunity to address your concerns.

Old Bridge NJ
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed a weekend, arriving 5/30-6/2/2014. The service was amazing from check-in to check out. Room upgrade-beachfront! W butler service, pool/beach staff-especially Clarissa were great! Special complimentary wine & champagne for our anniversary. Would absolutely recommend!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Saludos from St. Regis Bahía Beach!

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts regarding your recent stay at our distinctive resort.

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! We are humbled that you would choose St. Regis Bahía Beach to celebrate such a cherished occasion.

We are pleased that you indulged in our well-orchestrated guest experience, and discovered that almost every aspect of our little paradise met your fulfillment.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to your home away from home, the St. Regis Bahía beach, in the not too distant future.

Chile
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We recently stayed at this St. Regis, and I have nothing to say but positive things about the resort. It was our first stay in Puerto Rico, and I was very impressed! with the island and it's people. First of all, being my husband a platinum Starwood member, we were upgraded to a beautiful suite. That was very nice. The setting was wonderful, since we had a garden where we had coffee each morning, brought by our very friendly butler and watch birds and many lizards. It truly was paradise.
Another beauty of the site, were the evening and the sound of the coquis (this are really small frogs that sing really loud and I just loved). I was not lucky enough to see one myself, but the noise they made each evening was charming, another thing I enjoyed truly.
On the down side, I should warn people about the mosquitos. Unfortunately I discovered about them after my first evening, and I got bitten alive! It was late that I found out I should use repellent, so I had to go to the nightmarish situation of never ending itchiness. We warned!
The only but, I am going to mention, is the very noisy air conditioner (I imagine it's outdated), that made it impossible to sleep at night. We had to figure a system, which was to freeze the suite the hours prior to sleep time, and then turn it off for the night. There is room to grow in this area.
The service was impeccable, and every staff member that we met were absolutely polite, corteus and friendly. Kudos to your very well trained staff members!
Our continental breakfast was included in our program, which was adequate. I have to mention thou, that when I requested a refill of my orange juice, I was politely denied (or pay extra). I believe that at this level of expense, one should be allowed to an extra sip or two. Just my five cents.
The beach was gorgeous, and I can't understand why I read in so many reviews, that it seemed rough for swimming. Nonsense! There were so many sand dollars and star fishes, I could feel them with my feet when I was deep enough in the sea, and then easily dig them out to observe them and later return to the sea. What a joy!
There were enough chairs in the beach or pool side area. Never had a problem to get one.
The pool was beautiful and very relaxing, with a couple of very friendly iguanas roaming around.
We were celebrating our 31st wedding anniversary, and my husband must have mentioned it, since one evening during dinner at the Fern, the manager came by and congratulated us and sent us a glass of prosseco after dinner. Nice touch.
Last but not least, the grounds were absolutely gorgeous, with an amazing well kept landscape. Absolutely breathtaking.
Let me mention that the food at Molasses was not very varied, and the service there was a little spotty, sometimes it took us a while to get served.
Finally I need to mention, that I was a bit disappointed that we were not granted with a late check-out time (normally platinum Starwood guests get it all the time), and that when I stayed later at the beach on our check out day, and I went to the spa to use their showers and lockers (they don't offer this at pool restroom areas) I was told that I should pay $36 for this service, which I found outrageous since we got charged a daily resort $60 fee for a service that we didn't use once. The lady on the spa center told me that this was due that the spa is independent from the Hotel, but this should be addressed by the hotel. Unacceptable!
In all, we had a great time, and would come back again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Clandrea
Dear Distinguished Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at our resort.

We are elated that you thoroughly enjoyed your vacation! Although we strive to deliver an unforgettable vacation experience, it is unfortunate that you were not able to fully enjoy the beach. The two rivers which enhance our spectacular tropical surroundings only affect the beach water occasionally, when the weather and tide are extremely very adverse. To this end, we employ a strict sand sweeping program.

On a positive note, we are thrilled that you still were able to indulge in our world-renowned facilities, and found our staff to be sincerely dedicated to your absolute pleasure.

We hope to have the pleasure of indulging you once again, at the St. Regis Bahía Beach, the best address in the Caribbean.

Denver
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This resort is absolutely perfect in terms of service and luxury. This is a great choice if you just want to get away for a luxurious, quiet pool/beach vacation isolated from the outside world. This resort could have been anywhere tropical; there was not a specific cultural flair except for the latino staff, who were charming to a person. We were there for a group business excursion and so our meals were catered for our group. The food was excellent and plentiful and again, service was outstanding. Poolside service was great too; prompt and friendly. The iguanas residing in the pool area were a fun distraction.
I would certainly return although I could probably get the same experience closer to home in the states.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Trish T
srbahiabeach, General Manager at The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, responded to this review, 12 June 2014

Saludos from St. Regis Bahía Beach!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay at our extraordinary resort.

You perfectly describe what our master planners intended for all of our distinguished guests – absolute serenity combined with luxury and wonderful cuisine. Perfect for a romantic getaway, or a week of exploring and adventure for the entire family, all within our beautiful island of Puerto Rico.

We hope to have the pleasure of indulging you once again, at the St. Regis Bahía Beach, the Best Address in the Caribbean.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rio Grande
Caribe Hilton San Juan
#20 of 47 in San Juan
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa

Been to The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort? Share your experiences!