“Misleading and dishonest!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rain Forest Zipline Corp.

Rain Forest Zipline Corp.
Ranked #2 of 20 things to do in Rio Grande
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Useful Information: Activities for young children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Misleading and dishonest!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

Our hotel made the reservation for us and made a mistake. We wanted to go with a different company. When I called to clear up the misunderstanding, no ine answered. There were several numbers listed so I tried all of them. I left a message on 2 different lines, cancelling and apologizing. When we couldnt get anyone on the phone, we drove there. A man was unlocking the gate when we arrived so we told him we wanted to cancel. He said we had to speak with Raphaline and called her from his personal cell. When he put me on the phone with her she was extremely rude and pretended not to speak English. They had taken my credit card number when the reservation was made so I asked if there was a cancellation fee, expecting the answer to be "no" due to the misunderstanding. To my surprise she informed me that there was a $40 cancellation fee per person being charged to my card for their inconvenience. I explained the situation again and she was less than accommodating. She told me that she has informed me of the cancellation policy when we made the reservation (which she hadn't) and they charged my card $80 without us stepping foot into their facility. GO TO JUNGLEQUI. Right up the road, excellent staff and so much fun!

5 Thank TLC_427
Rafaela C, Propietario at Rain Forest Zipline Corp., responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Dear, based on the information you included here, let me clarify some points:
1. You ended in the place where the hotel made the reservation for you (that you mentioned it was made by error), and not in the place you choose by yourself and based on what you wrote was the place you wanted to be. Let me explain you that you called us at least 4 times before you made the reservation by phone with us. The hotel where you were staying has a special agreement or contract with the company that make reservations for the zip line you finally went. Many..., many people from that hotel come to our facilities after evaluating by themselves the different alternatives they have, and all of them has enjoyed in such a way that almost always told us it has been an awesome experience and sometimes that we bring to them much more than a zipline experience. Nevertheless, I am pleased you enjoyed the experience with the other company.
2. In regards of the 40% cancellation fee that you mentioned, if you revised your credit card account summary statement, you will noticed that those charges were never performed by our company. Why not? Because we are not a company that survived based on cancellation's fees. We are a solid company that is in a continue high speed growing based on our excellent service, that most of the time exceeds our clients expectations.
3. We communicate our cancellation policy by phone, that is almost a standard cancellation policy which states that is you cancel with less than 24 hours there is a cancellation fee of 40%. People that travels knows that there is almost always a cancellation policy which includes a fee once they made a reservation. Why?
First: There was a commitment made and spaces reserved that were not sold to any one else, so we lost those spaces and those earnings.
Second: Some of our team members travels 2 hours to get to the facility, they were there for you, we need to pay them, so we lost that money also.
Third: You come to cancel 45 min to 30 min before the scheduled time, it was not enough time to react.
Once again, we have the right to make the charges, but we never make them and we lost money.

I just wanted to let the readers evaluate the situation as it really was, and that they made their judgement.

Blessings and regards,
Rain Forest Zip Line Corp.

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awesome for the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Took our kids to this who are 6 and 8. Perfect thrill experience for them and the staff here was so helpful and so good with the kids. They made sure they understood and we were able to all go together.

They would allow me to prepare to take pictures and videos after I went first and told us how to get the best shots. 8 unique runs all getting progressively higher and more exciting. WE had 6 people on our tour and 4 guides making sure everything was working perfectly. Totally safe and totally well run.

They said they are adding even more extreme zip lines for the hardcore people so looks like they are responding to some of the feedback. For now, more than enough fund for the kids and for those who have never done it before.

Location of this is great also because we finished and went on to hikes in El Yunque as it is literally on the way into the rain-forest. Great location, great service.

Melbourne, Florida
“Awesome!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

This is not the biggest zipline in the world but it was a great experience for beginners (or anyone in your group that is scared of heights). You get 9 different lines back-to-back and we saw a bird feeding its babies and plenty, I mean PLENTY, of iguanas. The scenery is amazing and the guides are thorough and bilingual. The photo-ops are phenomenal because you have several, slowing increasing, heights to go from. While you're there make sure to get photo-bombed by Onel. There were several kids in the 40 lb. range that were there and the safety is second to none!! Thorough, nice, accommodating and the workers had suggestions from how to keep fruit, to what restaurants were the best in the area. Knowledgeable staff=coming back! -Bo from Melbourne Florida

Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great for all ages”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

Took my 6 and 7 year olds for their first zip line experience and they loved it! Staff was great and very accommodating. Highly recommend for the less experienced.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank riskfrea
“It was awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Loved the way the course starts off with a beginner freely feel and works it's way up to higher levels. The staff was very friendly and talkative creating comfort and trust. They knew what they were talking about. Overall, my dad and I had a great first time zip line experience & I'm looking forward to doing it again!

Visited May 2013