Stayed at Armathwaite hall July 2011. Got an amazing deal including dinner. The room was very well equipped and the bed was very comfortable although the bathroom was a little small and the shower enclosure was rather limiting! I think that the rooms in the main hotel are probably a lot larger and less like an upmarket motel.
Dinner was a lovely experience. The waiting staff were very efficient, knowledgeable and most welcoming. The dining room is so traditional and very beautiful. We liked the dress code and were very pleased to see that everyone had bothered to make a lot of effort. (def no jeans trainers etc.) The choice on the menu was excellent and the food was beautifully presented and of excellent quality. The traditional service was most appreciated.
The gardens are lovely and the spa (though we are not spa people) was very nicely done. Very modern but hidden from the rest of the hotel. Lovely tennis court too. We were lucky enough to enjoy 3 days of unbroken sunshine in the lakes and probably saw the gardens at their best. All in all a lovely stay and we will return with our dog who was welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Armathwaite Hall Country House Hotel and Spa is a beautiful four red star 17th-century former stately home situated near to Keswick on the shores of Bassenthwaite Lake. The hotel and spa is private owned and features forty six bedrooms of individual character from stylish spa bedrooms to the luxury of studio suites with stunning lake views. The rosette fine dining Lake View Restaurant serves table d’hote lunches and dinners in elegant surroundings to both residents and non resident guests. The Courtyard Bar and Brasserie is a stylish modern alternative serving meals in a relaxed atmosphere. Afternoon teas are served daily and are a great way to celebrate with family and friends. Licensed to hold civil ceremonies for romantic weddings up to 150 guests. The award winning spa, offers the best in facilities from the 16 meter infinity edge pool to the luxurious outdoor spa pool, thermal suite and life fitness gym. Ten treatment rooms including a double treatment room offer relaxing and soothing treatments to guests, day spa and members. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Armathwaite Hall Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa Bassenthwaite, Keswick, Lake District