We are just back from five nights holiday in Bassenthwaite. Armathwaite Hall is currently rated fourth out of five Bassenthwaite hotels by tripadvisor. Do not let this put you off. All the Bassenthwaite hotels must be superb for Armathwaite Hall is a terrific hotel and the hotel really made the holiday for us! It rained constantly for three days so we ventured out each morning sustained by an excellent breakfast and returned to the hotel looking forward to fine food. We were never disappointed. We ate in the dining room, overlooking the lake, each day as part of our package. The menu changed every evening. There were about eight main courses inc vegetarian options. Coffee , tea, hot chocolate etc could be taken in a lounge. The service was impeccable and the waiters were good natured and helpful. At nearly £50 full price the food was wonderful but expensive. The brasserie beside the spa (but accessible from the hotel) is a cheaper alternative. They serve children's meals there too and in the hotel there is a listening/babysitting service for parents. The spa offers a lot of treatments and the pool and hot tub are free to guests but we were too busy tramping about the lakes to take advantage ot them. Our bedroom was a superior room but had a poor view over the back (room 171) and no air conditioning. The beds were big and high. There is a turn down service every night. Towels were changed daily. Biscuits were constantly replenished. The rooms were immaculate. There are two large lounges and a spacious bar so plenty of places to sit downstairs in the main part of the hotel. There is good parking and beautiful grounds. Wedding receptions take place and you hardly know they are there unless you see the bride. It was a lovely experience to stay in Armathwaite Hall. The staff did everything to make our stay an enjoyable one and they succeeded....despite the weather!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Armathwaite Hall Country House Hotel and Spa is a beautiful four red star 17th-century former stately home situated near to Keswick on the shores of Bassenthwaite Lake. The hotel and spa is private owned and features forty six bedrooms of individual character from stylish spa bedrooms to the luxury of studio suites with stunning lake views. The rosette fine dining Lake View Restaurant serves table d’hote lunches and dinners in elegant surroundings to both residents and non resident guests. The Courtyard Bar and Brasserie is a stylish modern alternative serving meals in a relaxed atmosphere. Afternoon teas are served daily and are a great way to celebrate with family and friends. Licensed to hold civil ceremonies for romantic weddings up to 150 guests. The award winning spa, offers the best in facilities from the 16 meter infinity edge pool to the luxurious outdoor spa pool, thermal suite and life fitness gym. Ten treatment rooms including a double treatment room offer relaxing and soothing treatments to guests, day spa and members. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, HotelsClick, Hotel.de and Odigeo so you can book your Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Armathwaite Hall Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District