When I was a child I was lucky to have visited this magnificent hotel, but just for afternoon tea, delicious as it was. These days, I get to the UK less than I would like, so on this trip I wanted to sample the best of Britain, and the choice of Armathwaite Hall didn't disappoint. We were lucky to be blessed with sunny warm weather, can you believe, so the scenery of the garden, lake and hills was amazing. It's an ancient building so don't expect things modern, but, you will almost certainly feel like an ancient Lord of the Manor! Rooms great, bar great, .. Let's just say everything great! .. I live in Japan, so I'm pretty used to spas .. They're probably the biggest recreational pursuit in Japan, so they're pretty good at it... Having said that, I was extremely impressed with the new spa at this hotel. For geological reasons it can't have hot spring water, but in every other respect it's equal to anything Japan has to offer. When you're sitting in the outdoor Jacuzzi you're in heaven! We had breakfast and dinner in the beautiful Lake View restaurant and both were delicious, with expert service .... A memorable event for me .. Waking up in an ancient room to the sound of lambs bleating .. How much more peaceful can life get? I was expecting an enjoyable experience, but it was more ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Armathwaite Hall Country House Hotel and Spa is a beautiful four red star 17th-century former stately home situated near to Keswick on the shores of Bassenthwaite Lake. The hotel and spa is private owned and features forty six bedrooms of individual character from stylish spa bedrooms to the luxury of studio suites with stunning lake views. The rosette fine dining Lake View Restaurant serves table d’hote lunches and dinners in elegant surroundings to both residents and non resident guests. The Courtyard Bar and Brasserie is a stylish modern alternative serving meals in a relaxed atmosphere. Afternoon teas are served daily and are a great way to celebrate with family and friends. Licensed to hold civil ceremonies for romantic weddings up to 150 guests. The award winning spa, offers the best in facilities from the 16 meter infinity edge pool to the luxurious outdoor spa pool, thermal suite and life fitness gym. Ten treatment rooms including a double treatment room offer relaxing and soothing treatments to guests, day spa and members. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Armathwaite Hall Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District