We love the lakes and nice hotels. We have never stayed at Armathwaite Hall before but had heard about it. We were certainly not disappointed.
This is a lovely country house hotel which is very welcoming and friendly. The staff were helpful and knew our names.
Dinner was five courses and the intermediate courses were nice surprises. There was a god choice on the menu and it suited our carniverous requirements. One night we ate at the Brasserie to accommodate one fussy 13 year old. Different than the main restaurant but equally good.
As we had children our rooms were close by each other. The children's room had been modernised and was therefore better than ours, not that there was anything wrong with ours it was just the comparison that made things stand out.
The spa was great. Many happy hours spent at the beginning and end of each day. Kids loved the pool and it was nice that certain parts were adult only. I had hoped for a couple's massage but didn't book it in time!
We stayed at Easter in a week of heavy snow. We had no problem getting to the hotel and it was always warm. It was great walking around the hotel, down to the lake and also further afield on the fells. Keswick is fairly close by and is a pleasant little town from where boats run on Derwent Water.
Can't wait for next Easter as I would hop we can go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Armathwaite Hall Country House Hotel and Spa is a beautiful four red star 17th-century former stately home situated near to Keswick on the shores of Bassenthwaite Lake. The hotel and spa is private owned and features forty six bedrooms of individual character from stylish spa bedrooms to the luxury of studio suites with stunning lake views. The rosette fine dining Lake View Restaurant serves table d’hote lunches and dinners in elegant surroundings to both residents and non resident guests. The Courtyard Bar and Brasserie is a stylish modern alternative serving meals in a relaxed atmosphere. Afternoon teas are served daily and are a great way to celebrate with family and friends. Licensed to hold civil ceremonies for romantic weddings up to 150 guests. The award winning spa, offers the best in facilities from the 16 meter infinity edge pool to the luxurious outdoor spa pool, thermal suite and life fitness gym. Ten treatment rooms including a double treatment room offer relaxing and soothing treatments to guests, day spa and members. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Armathwaite Hall Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District