This hotel has has the whole hospitality experience sorted.
Check in was smooth with a free sherry. Our rooms were delightful; lovely furnishings with plenty of extras, such a tv in the bathroom. My mother had reserved a single room but was upgraded to a superior double close to our room. We were lucky to have a room with a balcony which made for a pleasant cup of tea in the sun. The views from many rooms are great and if you can't see from your room, the eating and lounge areas provide them.
Every member of staff is exceptionally polite and professional. Nothing is too much trouble, so much so that not one stood out, but each individual would in many another hotel.
Afternoon tea was top notch. (I always eat cheese scones and these were the best I've had!)
The spa and pool facilities were brilliant - pool is good for swimming lengths whilst the small pool is great for kids. The outdoor jacuzzi makes relaxation easy and is picturesque.
We ate in the formal dining room- the menu contained a wide variety of options, and had a great atmosphere.
Breakfast is another treat. This was my second time here and I will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Armathwaite Hall Country House Hotel and Spa is a beautiful four red star 17th-century former stately home situated near to Keswick on the shores of Bassenthwaite Lake. The hotel and spa is private owned and features forty six bedrooms of individual character from stylish spa bedrooms to the luxury of studio suites with stunning lake views. The rosette fine dining Lake View Restaurant serves table d’hote lunches and dinners in elegant surroundings to both residents and non resident guests. The Courtyard Bar and Brasserie is a stylish modern alternative serving meals in a relaxed atmosphere. Afternoon teas are served daily and are a great way to celebrate with family and friends. Licensed to hold civil ceremonies for romantic weddings up to 150 guests. The award winning spa, offers the best in facilities from the 16 meter infinity edge pool to the luxurious outdoor spa pool, thermal suite and life fitness gym. Ten treatment rooms including a double treatment room offer relaxing and soothing treatments to guests, day spa and members. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Armathwaite Hall Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District