Our family had a lovely weekend at this best of both worlds hotel.
A super modern spa set in wonderful countryside but good old
fashioned silver service and wonderful food.
We arrived late from a tortuous journey up the M6 from Cheshire on a Friday night.
We were shown to our family room in the main house which was large and had
character , modern bathroom,separate bunk room for our boys our only complaint was it lacked a proper view and at £390 a night would of hoped for.
We opted on both nights for the lakeside restaurant,which served local produce to a high standard..Our boys of 9 and 11 managed to find choices which were served simply
which they enjoyed and it was a pleasure not to have them given a kids menu with all the usual choices.This made the trip that we were able to sit through a multiple course meal enjoying
great service and attention from the staff and the kids enjoying the occasion too.
Sorbet before the main was a revelation for the 9 year old.
We visited the spa on a number of occasions and found the treatments good and reasonably
priced,the outside hot tub was great particularly when served Champagne.
They do restrict the hours the children can use the pool,which we worked around,not sure really necessary as not lots of kids staying when we were there anyway.
While my wife was having a treatment I walked the kids over to the wildlife park ,this was across the front field and an interesting and good value excursion.
The general areas are great with high ceiling and log fires and panelling as you would expect from an old Hall,so for relaxing with a coffee or Brandy after your dinner just right.The afternoon teas looked great ,and very popular.I wished we had booked one.
Bassenthwaite being only a 10 minute drive from Keswick is a good location, if you want to go and do some shopping and there are a number of good pubs in locality for lunch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Armathwaite Hall Country House Hotel and Spa is a beautiful four red star 17th-century former stately home situated near to Keswick on the shores of Bassenthwaite Lake. The hotel and spa is private owned and features forty six bedrooms of individual character from stylish spa bedrooms to the luxury of studio suites with stunning lake views. The rosette fine dining Lake View Restaurant serves table d’hote lunches and dinners in elegant surroundings to both residents and non resident guests. The Courtyard Bar and Brasserie is a stylish modern alternative serving meals in a relaxed atmosphere. Afternoon teas are served daily and are a great way to celebrate with family and friends. Licensed to hold civil ceremonies for romantic weddings up to 150 guests. The award winning spa, offers the best in facilities from the 16 meter infinity edge pool to the luxurious outdoor spa pool, thermal suite and life fitness gym. Ten treatment rooms including a double treatment room offer relaxing and soothing treatments to guests, day spa and members. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Armathwaite Hall Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District