having visited this hotel with my daughter a year or so ago, my partner chose it for him and I to visit for our birthdays, but this time with 'chien'. The room was one step removed from the one I had before, but larger, and having been told we could only have a shower as we had the dog? we had a large room with a bath. Given my dogless experience and this one, I say borrow a dog if you can! The dog had her own bed, posh biscuits and water bowl, with pooh bags thrown in of course. Previous to this my daughter and I had a smaller room and bed, and fire alarm in the night! This time breakfast was far superior, although dinner was lacking in freshness and style. Shot in the partridge, few vegetables and poor desert choice. Perhaps it was just me with the menu choice, but, if the staff could be less indifferent and be happy it would probably make the difference. The Spa is professional and delivers. My partner loved the gym and grounds. There is much to like here with the surroundings,but perhaps it needs to be celebrated within to give the best it has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Armathwaite Hall Country House Hotel and Spa is a beautiful four red star 17th-century former stately home situated near to Keswick on the shores of Bassenthwaite Lake. The hotel and spa is private owned and features forty six bedrooms of individual character from stylish spa bedrooms to the luxury of studio suites with stunning lake views. The rosette fine dining Lake View Restaurant serves table d’hote lunches and dinners in elegant surroundings to both residents and non resident guests. The Courtyard Bar and Brasserie is a stylish modern alternative serving meals in a relaxed atmosphere. Afternoon teas are served daily and are a great way to celebrate with family and friends. Licensed to hold civil ceremonies for romantic weddings up to 150 guests. The award winning spa, offers the best in facilities from the 16 meter infinity edge pool to the luxurious outdoor spa pool, thermal suite and life fitness gym. Ten treatment rooms including a double treatment room offer relaxing and soothing treatments to guests, day spa and members. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Armathwaite Hall Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa Bassenthwaite, Keswick, Lake District