We had saved up for a quality weekend away. Part romance, bigger part, rest and relaxation!
I had planned this visit some weeks in advance, as we were going by helicopter and wanted to make sure the hotel was ok with it etc
Danni the receptionist took my call and it was like chatting to my mum! Nothing was too much trouble and she remained a huge part of our weekend away.
Our room was fabulous. But if I had to criticise...a bath big enough for two people would have been nice! The bathroom was huge! Also, a drinks fridge would have been useful.
Sarah took my bookings in the spa. I've never booked spa treatments for a girlfriend before, so Sarah picked them and absolutely got it right! My better half was blown away by the knowledge and professionalism of the staff in the spa.
I swam a lot! The pool is excellent, the steam rooms etc are also first class! As for the outside hot tub and a cheeky glass of champagne, well, what can one say!! Loved it!
We ate in the brasserie on the Saturday evening. The food was first class! The surroundings in the brasserie could be updated but we were very much absorbed in our own company. The two waitresses who looked after us were very professional and totally understand the customer service etiquette.
The menu wasn't extravagant but it worked. We ordered steak...and a very fine steak we got!! (Much better than the Swan!) would have like to have seen more cuts of steak available. Equally, Cumberland sausage would have been very welcome.
Breakfast in bed was superb. Our only complaint would be, another round of toast would have been very very welcome.
Would we stay there again?
-Oh hell yes!!
We can't wait! Superb weekend and we've lined up friends and family for another visit...to be honest several visits!
Facilities were great and the staff were excellent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Armathwaite Hall Country House Hotel and Spa is a beautiful four red star 17th-century former stately home situated near to Keswick on the shores of Bassenthwaite Lake. The hotel and spa is private owned and features forty six bedrooms of individual character from stylish spa bedrooms to the luxury of studio suites with stunning lake views. The rosette fine dining Lake View Restaurant serves table d’hote lunches and dinners in elegant surroundings to both residents and non resident guests. The Courtyard Bar and Brasserie is a stylish modern alternative serving meals in a relaxed atmosphere. Afternoon teas are served daily and are a great way to celebrate with family and friends. Licensed to hold civil ceremonies for romantic weddings up to 150 guests. The award winning spa, offers the best in facilities from the 16 meter infinity edge pool to the luxurious outdoor spa pool, thermal suite and life fitness gym. Ten treatment rooms including a double treatment room offer relaxing and soothing treatments to guests, day spa and members. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Armathwaite Hall Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District