My partner and I were looking for somewhere to stay for a weekend treat to ourselves and came across the Armathwaite Hall website. Impressed with the building and facilities we phoned to book and were pleasantly surprised to be given a special offer rate on a family club room. We arrived with our 6 week old son a few hours earlier than checking-in time and where shown to the Lake Room to enjoy a drink whilst the room was prepared. Ten minutes later we were helped with our luggage to our room which had a double bed, single bed and cotbed (requested). The room was adequately sized with a flat screen TV and DVD player and we were suitably impressed with the flat screen TV in the bathroom!
We had booked on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis, the dinner being a 6 course meal. We had dinner in the restaurant on the first 2 evenings and took advantage of the baby monitoring service which enabled us to keep our son in his bedtime routine. The menu was extensive and the food excellent ,as was the service. The courses were just the right size so as by the time the coffee came you felt comfortably contented rather than full and bloated. On the last evening we had dinner in our room and due to being DBB board we were able to choose 3 of the 6 evening meal menu courses, each of which was delivered individually to our room ensuring each course was hot. We decided to take breakfast in the room each morning and tried both the cumbrian and continental breakfasts which where equally enjoyable. We also took lunch in the Lake Room and found the food and service as excellent as in the restaurant.
We booked a couple of treatments each in the newly renovaoted Spa which is a fantastic facility and instantly felt relaxed and spoilt in the AH Spa robes. Following each wonderful treatment you are led to the "quiet room" which contains a number of beds complete with duvets and faux fur blankets overlooking the grounds and lake where you are hard pressed not to enjoy a little doze!
We were shown around the conferencing and wedding facilities and were impressed with what could be offered and catered for. There were some final renovations being done which did not affect our stay whatsoever and which, when finished, will only add to the already impressive building and grounds.
The staff could not be more accommodating and friendly and helped make the weekend exceed our expectations. I would not hesitate in recommending Armathwaite Hall to others (I already have in fact!) and will certainly be returning again, hopefully soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Armathwaite Hall Country House Hotel and Spa is a beautiful four red star 17th-century former stately home situated near to Keswick on the shores of Bassenthwaite Lake. The hotel and spa is private owned and features forty six bedrooms of individual character from stylish spa bedrooms to the luxury of studio suites with stunning lake views. The rosette fine dining Lake View Restaurant serves table d’hote lunches and dinners in elegant surroundings to both residents and non resident guests. The Courtyard Bar and Brasserie is a stylish modern alternative serving meals in a relaxed atmosphere. Afternoon teas are served daily and are a great way to celebrate with family and friends. Licensed to hold civil ceremonies for romantic weddings up to 150 guests. The award winning spa, offers the best in facilities from the 16 meter infinity edge pool to the luxurious outdoor spa pool, thermal suite and life fitness gym. Ten treatment rooms including a double treatment room offer relaxing and soothing treatments to guests, day spa and members. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, LateRooms, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Armathwaite Hall Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District