4 girls on a girly night away for proper indulgence and we were certainly not disappointed. we loved every second that we were here. Everyone was so friendly - from the welcome on arrival from the lovely reception staff to the staff we met in the corridors, we mean everyone! The spa is fab and it does get a little quieter on the afternoon. if it's snowing make sure you go in the hot tub, it's surreal!
we went on the overnight sunday spa break package and at £150 pp it might seem a little pricey for 1 night but it is very well worth it when you think that a 2 course meal is about £25 and a 30 minute treatment is £35, not forgetting the scones with jam and cream YUM! we had these before we left at about 1pm and it set us up for our little wander round Trotters, which is free for residents, just keep hold of your room card and show them it on arrival. the only thing i would say is that it would be nice to have a pot of tea or coffee with the scones to complete it.
after the treatments you get taken to the hush room which we weren't expecting (I like to have a treatment when my husband and I go to a hotel which has these facilities) and was lovely...the bed/seats are very snug and relaxing.
We had a spa club room which was down the corridor to the spa. You have your own little seating area outside and a TV in the bathroom. We got a radio in our room while our friends got a fridge. we both got a DVD player on the wall with the TV and you can ask to lend DVD's to watch. 3 however is the channel and we had spiderman on ours instead of ITV and when we asked she said it will be on another channel, which it was, panic over, needed to watch Dancing on Ice haha :-) We got a turn down service on the vening which I've never actually had and wasn't expecting. don't leave your delicates on the bed as they move everything off the bed to prepare it.
We had arrived very early and we left all our bags in the entrance and the receptionist had them put into storage until our room was ready. We finally checked in at about 4pm when we got out of the spa (we had arrived at 10.15 and headed straight for the spa) and everything was there and coats hung up for us.
We had lunch in the courtyard brasserie and it felt weird sitting in a restaurant style place in our robes and slippers but it just added to the whole experience.
EVERYTHING was lush and we are definitely going back. This place really is adorable and an excellent find.
I know I've twittered on, but it was really was phenominal!
I have already recommended it to loads of people. BOOK NOW!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Armathwaite Hall Country House Hotel and Spa is a beautiful four red star 17th-century former stately home situated near to Keswick on the shores of Bassenthwaite Lake. The hotel and spa is private owned and features forty six bedrooms of individual character from stylish spa bedrooms to the luxury of studio suites with stunning lake views. The rosette fine dining Lake View Restaurant serves table d’hote lunches and dinners in elegant surroundings to both residents and non resident guests. The Courtyard Bar and Brasserie is a stylish modern alternative serving meals in a relaxed atmosphere. Afternoon teas are served daily and are a great way to celebrate with family and friends. Licensed to hold civil ceremonies for romantic weddings up to 150 guests. The award winning spa, offers the best in facilities from the 16 meter infinity edge pool to the luxurious outdoor spa pool, thermal suite and life fitness gym. Ten treatment rooms including a double treatment room offer relaxing and soothing treatments to guests, day spa and members. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Armathwaite Hall Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District