We paid £350 for one night for two adults and two children. As it happened we were placed in the main house and the roomwas spacious, but had it been a room off the corridor leading to the spa, I would have had a fit (it was smelly and cramped). We were lucky with the weather and were able to sit on the terrace overlooking the lake: the view itself was worth the money, as far as I'm concerned. But if it were a cold day, we would have been inside, with the main lounge overlooking the car park and being a bit dark (although there was a 'morning room as well). The kids dinners were not included in the £350 mentioned above. Overall, a grand hotel but too expensive and no guarantee everyone would have the same experience: as far as I am concerned, any room outside the main house would not be worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Armathwaite Hall Country House Hotel and Spa is a beautiful four red star 17th-century former stately home situated near to Keswick on the shores of Bassenthwaite Lake. The hotel and spa is private owned and features forty six bedrooms of individual character from stylish spa bedrooms to the luxury of studio suites with stunning lake views. The rosette fine dining Lake View Restaurant serves table d’hote lunches and dinners in elegant surroundings to both residents and non resident guests. The Courtyard Bar and Brasserie is a stylish modern alternative serving meals in a relaxed atmosphere. Afternoon teas are served daily and are a great way to celebrate with family and friends. Licensed to hold civil ceremonies for romantic weddings up to 150 guests. The award winning spa, offers the best in facilities from the 16 meter infinity edge pool to the luxurious outdoor spa pool, thermal suite and life fitness gym. Ten treatment rooms including a double treatment room offer relaxing and soothing treatments to guests, day spa and members. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Armathwaite Hall Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District