My sister and I stayed at this wonderful hotel for the 2nd time this year. We got upgraded to a lovely room with a sitting area in the spa wing. The room and decor suits the hotel and the beds were lovely and comfortable.
We had lunch in the brasserie and two wonderful treatments in the fabulous spa and chilled out in my favourite part which is the quiet room. Only downside is when the staff are tidying up in here maybe they could be less noisy and the door does slam when entering and leaving but other than that it is lovely and relaxing.
The highlight of our stay was our meal in the evening in the brasserie, we did book for the main restaurant but having had a large lunch we decided that we couldn't eat such a big meal so opted for the brasserie and thank god we did. Jefferson is a star, we had such fun with him during the course of the evening, his customer service skills are excellent and he certainly exceeded our expectations. We couldn't decide on the wine so he gave us a taster session in between entertaining us with tales, he is a lovely guy and a credit to Caroline and the team who were all lovely.
All in all a wonderful stay yet again, we shall return. The gift vouchers are a great present for a loved one for birthdays, xmas or just as a treat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Armathwaite Hall Country House Hotel and Spa is a beautiful four red star 17th-century former stately home situated near to Keswick on the shores of Bassenthwaite Lake. The hotel and spa is private owned and features forty six bedrooms of individual character from stylish spa bedrooms to the luxury of studio suites with stunning lake views. The rosette fine dining Lake View Restaurant serves table d’hote lunches and dinners in elegant surroundings to both residents and non resident guests. The Courtyard Bar and Brasserie is a stylish modern alternative serving meals in a relaxed atmosphere. Afternoon teas are served daily and are a great way to celebrate with family and friends. Licensed to hold civil ceremonies for romantic weddings up to 150 guests. The award winning spa, offers the best in facilities from the 16 meter infinity edge pool to the luxurious outdoor spa pool, thermal suite and life fitness gym. Ten treatment rooms including a double treatment room offer relaxing and soothing treatments to guests, day spa and members. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Armathwaite Hall Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District