We booked in based on a friend's recommendation following a week of camping in the Lake District. Despite pitching up straight from the campsite in all our grubby glory, we were given a friendly welcome, and were even upgraded for no particular reason other than they said it was a quiet night so we might as well have a nicer room.
The food was excellent, the staff were friendly, and the place was beautiful. The complimentary day passes to the local spa were utterly wonderful and icing on the cake. The Pheasant has set a new benchmark for what we look for in a great inn and we can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dating back to the 17th century, this former haunt of the famous huntsman John Peel has been entertaining guests for the past 300 years in the traditional Cumbrian manner with stunning food and refreshment and good old fashioned values. With an abundance of unique period atmosphere and a sense of timelessness with the clever mix of luxurious, contemporary comforts provides The Pheasant a well deserved national and International reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Pheasant Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pheasant Hotel Bassenthwaite
- The Pheasant Inn Bassenthwaite, Keswick, Lake District