Went to the Pheasant Inn for a 2 night break and it was really lovely. The staff could'nt have been more helpful; they were friendly and the service was excellent. Started our first day off with a fantastic breakfast great Eggs Benedict not something I would prepare at home so a real treat.
The meal in the Fell Resaurant was stunning, the chef knows his stuff..the meat was excellent and we should know as hubby's a butcher! The Bistro is good too but less formal.The rooms are comfy cosy ie not the biggest but spotlessly clean.
It took a little while to adjust to the peace and quiet as the hotel is off the beaten track... once we did we didn' want to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dating back to the 17th century, this former haunt of the famous huntsman John Peel has been entertaining guests for the past 300 years in the traditional Cumbrian manner with stunning food and refreshment and good old fashioned values. With an abundance of unique period atmosphere and a sense of timelessness with the clever mix of luxurious, contemporary comforts provides The Pheasant a well deserved national and International reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your The Pheasant Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pheasant Hotel Bassenthwaite
- The Pheasant Inn Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District