Having already booked a night at the Pheasant Inn through Secret Escapes I was quite excited to read the favourable review in the Daily Telegraph. We received a pleasant reception on arrival and the room was well appointed. The evening meal however was disappointingly average - The place was packed the service was slow and the fishcakes in particular were rather like cardboard. We had paid in advance for the meal and morning breakfast but my wife wasn't well and she had to forgo both meals. I did order a room service breakfast for my wife for which I had to pay extra. While I appreciate that there is a service charge for room service, as I had already paid for a meal that was not taken I did not think this act aided customer relations! I don't think we will be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dating back to the 17th century, this former haunt of the famous huntsman John Peel has been entertaining guests for the past 300 years in the traditional Cumbrian manner with stunning food and refreshment and good old fashioned values. With an abundance of unique period atmosphere and a sense of timelessness with the clever mix of luxurious, contemporary comforts provides The Pheasant a well deserved national and International reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Pheasant Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pheasant Hotel Bassenthwaite
- The Pheasant Inn Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District