Having stayed at the Pheasant many times we decided that at this visit we would eat in the bistro rather than the diningroom.
This was a good choice - very suitable meals for those of you who have enjoyed a day out and about in the lakes.
There is an excellent choice of dishes on the menu and the bistro is much more informal than the diningroom.
The helpings are generous but there are somethings that you can share or choose as a starter or main size.
Over three days we sampled - hake, queen scallops, pea and mint soup,liver and onions and raviolli to mention just a few. Sometimes we had no room for puds!
Not fine dining but very satisfying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dating back to the 17th century, this former haunt of the famous huntsman John Peel has been entertaining guests for the past 300 years in the traditional Cumbrian manner with stunning food and refreshment and good old fashioned values. With an abundance of unique period atmosphere and a sense of timelessness with the clever mix of luxurious, contemporary comforts provides The Pheasant a well deserved national and International reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Pheasant Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pheasant Hotel Bassenthwaite
- The Pheasant Inn Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District