Was staying nearby so walked to the Pheasant Inn for a meal in the Bistro with the family. Lovely Old Pub...very cosy....nice bar area. The bistro was quite busy for a Monday Night. The menu choice is not massive but Ok.....with a few specials. The food we ordered was good.....can't knock the quality and the price is on the expensive side but not too bad. However, the desserts are overpriced in my opinion and the quantity very meagre. The big rip off is the cheese board, I thought at £9 my wife & I would share it as at that price thought it would be quite a large helping....I couldn't believe the helping....5 crackers & 2 small pieces of cheese with a little garnish. Terrible. I would certainly have drink there as it's a very nice quaint pub but certainly won't eat there again.
2 Adults & 2 Children.....4 Main Cources, 1 Dessert & 1 Cheeseboard, 4 Drinks, nearly £100.....very expensive for what we had. Not surprisingly, no families dining...apart for us
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dating back to the 17th century, this former haunt of the famous huntsman John Peel has been entertaining guests for the past 300 years in the traditional Cumbrian manner with stunning food and refreshment and good old fashioned values. With an abundance of unique period atmosphere and a sense of timelessness with the clever mix of luxurious, contemporary comforts provides The Pheasant a well deserved national and International reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your The Pheasant Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pheasant Hotel Bassenthwaite
- The Pheasant Inn Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District