We visited after a walk and booked for that evening in the Bistro. At this earlier time we enjoyed a tea/coffee in the Lounge which is very cosy with great views of the gardens .Lucy the bar manager was very helpful and remembered us later when we returned. While dining early always carries the risk of the place being quiet which is was when we arrived, within 30mins the place was much busier. I imagine that when fully booked the place could get a little crowded as there isn't that much room between the tables but overall the food was excellent as was the service. We have been before which inspired this visit and I would be happy to eat there anytime again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dating back to the 17th century, this former haunt of the famous huntsman John Peel has been entertaining guests for the past 300 years in the traditional Cumbrian manner with stunning food and refreshment and good old fashioned values. With an abundance of unique period atmosphere and a sense of timelessness with the clever mix of luxurious, contemporary comforts provides The Pheasant a well deserved national and International reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your The Pheasant Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pheasant Hotel Bassenthwaite
- The Pheasant Inn Bassenthwaite, Keswick, Lake District