My husband booked for my surprise birthday, arrived Saturday 16th Nov 2013. We went for a walk, and checked in at 2pm, stayed in the Newlands, not in main hotel, but cosy and warm. We opted to use the Spa at Armathwaite Hall, which was great, outdoor hot tub, sauna, steam room....We got back had a lovely hot bath, and ate in the restaurant, service was quick & food was delicious. We finished our wine in the Locals bar, snug and welcoming.
Slept so well, bed was comfy, fab nights sleep. Breakfast was outstanding, fresh leaf tea, freshly squeezed orange juice, full traditional, thick wholemeal toast, excellent service.
Would love to stay again..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dating back to the 17th century, this former haunt of the famous huntsman John Peel has been entertaining guests for the past 300 years in the traditional Cumbrian manner with stunning food and refreshment and good old fashioned values. With an abundance of unique period atmosphere and a sense of timelessness with the clever mix of luxurious, contemporary comforts provides The Pheasant a well deserved national and International reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, LateRooms, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your The Pheasant Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pheasant Hotel Bassenthwaite
- The Pheasant Inn Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District