My husband and I went to The Pheasant Inn for a weekend stay over the Christmas holidays. We had a wonderful time, the staff were amazingly helpful but not too intrusive which is just what we wanted! The bar was beautiful with all its old features and characteristics. The bar maid was very helpful and was able to assist us when we needed it. We had food in the Bistro first night and then the Fell restaurant the second. Both had great food and we were very pleased with it. We are both surprise at anyone who did not have as greater time as we did. To them I would say you must give it another chance! We loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dating back to the 17th century, this former haunt of the famous huntsman John Peel has been entertaining guests for the past 300 years in the traditional Cumbrian manner with stunning food and refreshment and good old fashioned values. With an abundance of unique period atmosphere and a sense of timelessness with the clever mix of luxurious, contemporary comforts provides The Pheasant a well deserved national and International reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Pheasant Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pheasant Hotel Bassenthwaite
- The Pheasant Inn Bassenthwaite, Keswick, Lake District