Had a meal here and thoroughly enjoyed it. Had to book two days in advance as it was busy with it being half term. We ate the cod, chicken and leek pie, plaice goujons and sausage chips and beans from the kids menu. We all enjoyed our meals and the service was good. Reason for saying it was a bit pricey is that some meals (including the cod) required an additional side order making the full dish between £15 and £20.Really I do think a main meal should come with potatoes and vegetables without having to pay extra for them! The menu is also quite limited. Overall though we enjoyed it, just dont go expecting a cheap bar meal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dating back to the 17th century, this former haunt of the famous huntsman John Peel has been entertaining guests for the past 300 years in the traditional Cumbrian manner with stunning food and refreshment and good old fashioned values. With an abundance of unique period atmosphere and a sense of timelessness with the clever mix of luxurious, contemporary comforts provides The Pheasant a well deserved national and International reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Pheasant Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pheasant Hotel Bassenthwaite
- The Pheasant Inn Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District